No announcement yet.

Clutch Linkage Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I am forced to take a car in for service I always write up a very detailed description of what is wrong, and directions on how to recreate the problem. I make sure I go over it with the technician that will be handling it. I tell him exactly what I expect and that I will not take the car back unless it is completely repaired. Also that I will only pay for the repair, and not any incorrect diagnisis or unnecessary parts.

The key is to make an impression on the technician that will make him pay special attention to your car. It makes the difference sometimes.

Case and point.... My dads 2002 Lincoln Towncar was scratched in a carwash. He met with the body shop technician and went over every inch of the car with him. He explained to him that there must be no overspray anywhere, no blending, no masking around anything. All the panels must be painted edge to edge and color sanded to perfection. He also said that he would make them redo it if it was not to his standard. He made a impression on the guy, and the result was an excellent job. It looks better than new.

Dont act like an a-hole. Be respectfull, professional and reasonable. Tell them exactly what you expect and that you will not accept any less. It will be fine. (cross your fingers)

Comment

Working...
    X