iat air temp sensor bypass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iat air temp sensor bypass

how do you do this and what do you gain?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Re: iat air temp sensor bypass

Originally posted by redbird94
    how do you do this and what do you gain?
    dont by pass it. fool it. make it think the air is 30 degrees colder than it is......

radio shack has some stuff you can do that with. somebody has a link here im sure. slp engineering has a spliced in plug that does it for you.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken is right you can use a resistor from radio shack I can't remember the level off hand, but it fools the computer in thinking that its a constant 62F...this isn't the best idea in the world and cause major tuning issues. If you want to get the most accurate reading...relocate it to the air box and away from the engine heat. You can extend the wires yourself, drill a hole and mount it, or just buy an IAT extension/relocation kit. I have an Eckler's kit, BMR makes them too I think.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

anyone know exactly wut i need,mayb a detailed description of instructions, and links for the slp kit?
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

The IAT is responsible for the rate of timing advance. The cooler the air, the faster the advance is brought it. It doesn't alter the amount of total timing, just the rate the timing is advanced. I've had this mod for years, with no adverse affects. A 4.7K ohm resistor inserted into the harness instead of the connection to the sensor and will fool the computer into "seeing" a 57º ambient temperature. The first 1/3 of the throttle will feel sharper, much the way it is before the car is fully warmed up. You will need to run premium fuel as you may see part throttle knock with lower grade fuel and reconnect the sensor when outside temps fall below 57ºF. The 1/4 watt 4.7K ohm resistors are available at radio shack for dirt cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X