berlinetta drag car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berlinetta drag car!

I have got 2 82 camaros...(I have no will power, when I see a good deal, I take it.) One is a berlinetta with a 350 that is bored .60 over. I am going to be turning it into a drag car...hopefully I can get it to run low 11's. the problem is my limited knowledge in upgrades. All I can think of doing is the basics; heads, exhaust/ headers, carburetor, and shortening the belt length(underdrive pullies). I want to stay N/A, no super/turbos and no NO2. Its got the 3 speed auto, so step one is a 4 speed streetfighter. I just installed a B&M shifter (hardly a performance upgrade) and a hood scoop. I suppose I could mess around with the timing and run REALLY high octane fuel in it.
    Any ideas? I know I am overlooking something that could make that car jump up on two wheels.
    Thanks,
    Seann
    82 camaro x2:
    82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
    82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

well, going to FI instead of the carb setup would be easier IMHO, but a lot of hardcore racers will disagree with me on that. Um, I know that a good tranny with shift kit and all helps a bunch for launches. You might want to mess with gears (3.46?) in the back. You should check into an aluminum driveshaft, maybe. Also, some Lexan window replacements can be had, probably. Definetly some really good heads/intake/exhaust/cam would be the key to unlocking some serious power. Erm, I really don't know of anything else right now.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Working...
    X