firebird vs durango

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebird vs durango

There is a guy that works with my wife who has a dodge durango and he came up to her and said "hay do you want to race?" So, what did my wife say...sure! This guy continued on and on about how he could blow her doors off. So my wife told him that when the weather clears up in the spring she would be more than willing to go to the drag strip and line 'em up. He thought that they should race in town because "that way I can swerve in out of traffic and beat you". After rolling on the floor in laughter I asked my wife what is this guy thinking? It's bad enough to think that he even has a remote chance aginst my wifes Formula in a race, but then to think that his truck will out handle her car... HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Well I guess we can be thankfull for people like this because without them there woulkd be nobody to laugh at!

Maybe he has one of those supercharged shelby SP360 Durangos?? Thats a pretty quick truck, but very rare. If he does, watch out if your stock - it will be a good race.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

My pops has a Durango and it wouldnt even come close to takin a f-body. Probably decently fast for an suv but not in the same time zone with our cars.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Maybe he's been watching too many Hemi commercials! LOL!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Did it look like this? These are pretty bad as far as SUV's go. 360 HP and they handle O.K. too.

http://productioncars.com/photo_gall...elby_sp360.php
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

"son this is the only thing you need to know... HEMI"

Comment

slp day 2 years ago my 3.4 convertible camaro ran a 17.02

last summer at englishtown my dads durango 5.9rt with a ecu mod and chip ran........17.00
              pewter 99 TA...t-tops, leather, m6, lid, longtubes back, gears, spec clutch, spohn suspension

Comment

watch out he might be fast. the reason i say this is there is a guy in a durango here in jacksonville that suprised the hell out of me and one of my friends. I was driving around with my buddy in his 89 mustang gt (mid 13 sec car). and this black druango with silver stripes pulls up next to us and starts reving up his motor. right away from the sound i knew that he had done some work to his ride. so we both turn on to arlington expyway. we are rolling at about 35 and both take off. to our suprise the druango keeps pase wit us the whole time. I never got to see what the guy had done to it because he pulled on to an exit after we crossed the bridge. since then the only other time i have seen him like twice. i want to get with him to see what he did to make that thing that fast.

99 T/A WS-6
                SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Working...
                X