No announcement yet.

did the vandals screw up my motor??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna guess that you have some varnish/sluge in the injectors... sounds to me like at least a couple of them are not flowing and that is probably screwing with your O2s and getting the rest is the cyls to run rich. Have you tried pulling injector wires with it running to see if some make more difference than others? I'm not sure if pulling the fuel rail is in your standard book of tricks, but I would try pulling the injectors and cleaning them a bit with some FI safe carb cleaner. I've done this with mine and it seemed to help one time after I had a tank of horrible gas. I used a 9v battery to open the injectors (1 or 2 sec at a time max) while spraying cleaner through.

$00.02 Best of luck...

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Flash. I would cleaned them myself, but I got so tired of dealing with it, I finally took it in. I called up the insurance and they told me that vandalism is covered, and it shouldn't jack my rates up. Although, if I file another claim after this, it will go up A LOT. Anyhow, the mecahnic hasn't called after inspecting it half the day, so I'm assuming he's having trouble just like I did. I can see how it's hard considering it never threw an SES light/code. I guess it's a matter of moments until I find out what's wrong...just hope it's nothing internal.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Well, the shop told me that it was the plug wire(s)?? That doesn't seem right to me...why would a plug wire break down when it's cold and just starting, then get better as it warms up? And in the video of the bad idle/short revs I posted, does that look like bad wire(s) problems - and wouldn't as SES light come on if it were missing? I didn't have time to talk to the shop (they left a message)...so busy at work. But I will pick it up first thing tomorrow and find out if it runs perfectly now. I just replaced my wires too. They were Taylor Spiro Pros, 8 mm. They had 15k or possibly less, and were replaced 2 years ago. I've read good and bad things about them. Is it possible for the shop to be correct, or am I just too skeptical?
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

hey whats up i think i may be able to help u friend my 99 trans am had simlar problems one time idle was alittle low. i could not help notice u had stated u got into an accident if i were u check the o2 sensor or the maf sensor these sensors have alot to do with idle they give the computer information on the load. the accident may have caused a fault in what
          there telling the computer. or in general the computer and if it was those kids that put somthing in your tank deffently get even lol but it sounds like a fuel to air ratio problem u may have to get the computer reprogramed (jack@$$e$ at shop messed up my cpu one time my idle was running rough not to mention when i would get on it it felt like it was gonna stall i would have to pump the accell ) if that sounds fimilar than its probelly cpu work hope this helps u friend

Black T\a 99" flowmaster cat back ,grantilli maf, k&n ,suncoast ws6 hood \w cold air intake soon to have 19" rims lol (dreaming )

Comment

sry corecting last post

umm there was no accident sry but still this sounds like a computer problem not enought air or o2 or maf sensor is messing up i also saw your video ya the start is rough when was the last time u did a oil flush that my have somthing to do with that too alaways good thou

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That all sounds logical, but I was wondering...wouldn't a sensor that is screwed up make the PCM throw an SES light? Just wondering...

Comment

ya u are deffently right the ses light did come on when that stuff happened to me
                but when i replaced the maf sensor it went off but my idle was still messed up so i took it to a pontiac dealer they said my computer was messed with by a aftermarket programmer so it still might be the computer >>bud i hope its not for ur sake my friends mustang(yuk lol) had same problem he needed a new cpu lots of money he said (i still hope it was just ur wires (praying lol)

Comment

o ya heere is my car finnally sry for wastina post i am new at this lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Craig you are right, it should have thrown a "misfire" code if it were the wires. But who knows computers don't always work the way we want them to I think this may a combination of things as opposed to one single cause. Given your mileage, O2's could be going bad and I think the loose plug was definately a contributing factor! Did you check for a sticking IAC? Hope your baby gets back from doctor OK!

Comment

Working...
                    X