Stupid honda!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid honda!

What a day. So me and my roommates were driving from school to the mall in albany this afternoon. We took my winterbeater. Its a big pos. It is a 87 accord with 230000miles and alot of problems that i like to pretend i didnt notice. It cost me 200 and took me about 2000 miles untill this fine day....suddenly on I90 it just stopped...completely cut off in traffic. I tried to cruize to the side but there was snowbanks and i ended up in the middle of an exit lane. It was a super dangerous spot and it was dark and we were scared. Anyways we called tripple a and this guy came and told me they would tow my car and we would have to stand in the middle of the highway and get a ride because they wouldnt take us anywhere. I was raging I thought that was nuts. So than a guy with a flat bed came and he hooked us up and actually took us to his shop...so i had two ing hysterical girls freaking out as we rode in my honda on the flat bed to this shop. We dumped my **** of there and had no ride so we proceeded to go for a long walk down the highway in the rain to the mall. So at this point we chilled untill the mall closed so at nine we were just standing outside in the freezin rain, with no cash to take a cab. Finally at about ten I got a hold of a friend of a friend who came and got us and brought us back to school. So now I have to wait to hear from the shop...he said it wont be till after monday. Im saying the distributor is shot and im not gonna have a couple hundo to replace it. Im just very thankful that nothing more severe didnt happen to my car and no one got hurt. Good times at Siena college.

That blows, but don't discount an electrical problem either. I had the same thing happen to my baby since the alternator died and the battery followed suit. Any problems trying to start it or anything?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

It just wont turn over.....

i think i want to rush it with a baseball bat

Comment

Did you have any problems getting it to start up before it died? And, try a 10 lb. sledge instead of the bat...more weight = more momentum = more damage per swing. lol
        Steve

Comment

The only problem I have with the 10 pound sledge hammer is that Honda metal is about as thick as tin foil and you would probably punch right through it. For maximum dent potential, I would go with a 5 pound sledge.

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Just use your fists. That should do it.
            1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
            Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
            Trans: TH700R4
            Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Eh, just blow it up and file an insurance claim lol
              Steve

Comment

First of all, it DOES have 230,000 miles on it. Second, you DO have 2 girls. Some day, when you are an old fart, you will have a broken down car and NO girls. Be grateful, I guess.

Comment

Not to ruin the mood but based on your description, it sounds like you broke a timing belt. And you are not going to want to fix it when you find out how much it costs.

Good luck. Oh yeah, if the girls feel bad for yah, maybe they'll be up for a threesome!

96 TA Sold!
                  87 TA Sold!
                  80 Z28 Sold!
                  74 Formula Sold!
                  73 Z28 Sold!
                  69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Second, you DO have 2 girls. Some day, when you are an old fart, you will have a broken down car and NO girls. Be grateful, I guess.
                    Oh yeah, if the girls feel bad for yah, maybe they'll be up for a threesome!
                    if you look closely, you'll notice that her name is christina
                    94 Firebird Formula LE3 383 - Built 4L60E w/ 3500rpm stall - Macs into SLP LM - 3.73s in stock rear - having fun with problems

Comment

Yeah haha just want a want is a threesome with my female roommates considering im a chick myself.

tehe

-CHRISTINA

Comment

Open mouth.

Insert Foot.

96 TA Sold!
                        87 TA Sold!
                        80 Z28 Sold!
                        74 Formula Sold!
                        73 Z28 Sold!
                        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerStripes80'
                          Yeah haha just want a want is a threesome with my female roommates considering im a chick myself.

tehe

-CHRISTINA
                          Well, I'll fix the stupid Honda if you and your friends hang around. Anyone for a 4some?

Comment

Yeah, it doesn have 230,000 miesl on it, so im not suprised, but if its not turngin over , its not the timing belt, if the timing belt snapped, the motor would turn over really quicky, happened to my honda crx once, i was young and stupid, but got lucky, and it didnt damage anything. Sounds to me like a dead battery, alternator, or bad ignition switch, or blow hazard fuse, or the motor ran low on oil and seized up, lol. Thats about all i would narrow out, or even the main relay. But thats about it, besides, other fuses. I wouldnt pay a shop to figure out soemthing so simple. Once you get over teh cramped space, even though my moms camaro is worse than my crx, honda's are pretty simple, and as long as you keep up with maintence, there really reliable. Havent had a problem with mine, and its been 210,000 miles. Just the normal wear things, nothing serious. Its jsut the stupid fast and furious kids that give them such a bad name.

But the funny part is, i have a stock honda crx, well, looks stock, then when i pulled on this one guy i met in his z28 in third gear, it was priceless, the face he made. Thats the onyl reason i have it anymore. I still love the american v8 torque though, dont have to hit 8000 rpms to make the power. They just need to incorperate variable valve timing"vtec", into v8's. Lexus did it in there gs400, and they run a 14.2, and its a HUGE 4 door sedan.

Comment

family forum, folks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X