things are never easy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things are never easy

got my car back yesterday from the progressive repair center...

and i'm definitly gonna have to take it back in. The rear right taillight assembly was obviously used and has scratches all on it. the corner of the bumper has a pretty deep gash/dent, that, while black, is very obviously there. also the bumper/rear quarterpanel are not aligned *perfectly*... probably a 9.9 out of 10 but there are just a couple spots that are not the way it was when i got it. Then there's a chip on the center panel of the taillight assembly, as well as some scratches on the bumper where the impact was. they didn't even paint, they just put a new clearcoat on it.

also there is a large amount of condensation behind the right back-up light, as well as behind the taillight itself. i know what this will look like in a few months, as my front left fog light has condensation in it, as well as a lot of mold.

oh and then i tried to take my loudmouth into midas today to get them to put it on, and the guy wanted to charge me $50 a side. just for labor? please it would take like 20 minutes tops, it just bolts on there. i'd do it myself but i dont have a lift or a way to cut the stock exhaust off.

luckily i have a mechanic in my pocket who's interested in basically installing anything i buy for me... only prob is he can only do it on saturday's when his shop lets him use the stuff for side business. but he can't get to it before next sat. hopefully prog. will have another quick turn around on the car, but at least do it all right this time. i was so impressed at what a good job they did making things smooth and hassle free (up to this point)... though i suppose i can't blame progressive specifically as they simply sent the car off to some body shop somewhere.

stay on em. ur doing the right thing.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

If you don't say anything they think they can get away with it.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

some shops will charge the insurance company for new part but then put on used just to make more money. dont let them try to rip you off. hope everything works out for you.

99 T/A WS-6
        SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
        2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
        88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Working...
        X