LUG NUT HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LUG NUT HELP

i was going to do my brakes the other night....and i get all 4 lugs nuts and caps off....and i go to take the fifth off
    and its not a regular nut.....its not six sided like a reagualr socket would be its 5 sided with grooves in between... kinda like --_--_-- that if were round...does anyone know how to get this off my freind said he thinks its a GM thing i have one on each side of the front....he said its kinda like so no one could steal my tire i guess they couldnt get it off.....do i need a special socket...and where do i get it.....cause this is a pain.....
    thanks

you could go get a special socket from the dealer ship if they have one, if not check some auto parts stores. My friend had the same problem but he could not find one to match so he used a vicegrips and a breaker bar. then just went out and bought some new lug nuts with a key.

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

I had the same problem as you when i went to change my brakes. I too went to a dealer and he told me that there where several different combinations of "lug locks" put on camaros of my year (94). He told me that without the original purchase info sheet, it was impossible to know witch one was which. He then said that I could buy every combination possible for 20 bucks a pop, or they could strip them off for me for 70 bucks. hahahaha. I went home and striped them off myself for free.

94 Z28 M6
      K&N Intake, 3"Exhaust, and a few extras
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606041

Comment

I hate those things, I'm glad either my car didn't come with them or they have since been replaced cause I dont have the key. I've had my Cutlass broken into numerous times, and the last thing I'm worried about is having my wheels ripped off.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
        X