tranny questions #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny questions #2

i already had a thread for this earlier about why i cant shift into 1st and i am cutting out the piece tomrrow so i can shift into 1st, but i have one more quesion... since i cannot select 1st right now, does that mean i am starting in second gear everytime and if so , after i cut it out will i have to shift my car manually or will it do it itself?

thanks
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

hahaha, of course you have first gear already dude. NO your car isn't starting in second gear. It has a first gear but you can't shift to it manually coz ..well if you're cutting out that piece tomorrow then you already know why. Once you cut it out you'll be able to pull the shifter back and viola, like that you'll be running in first egar but you'll be able to hold it there for as long as you want. Its really loud running in 1st gear by the way. As to the question of will your car be normal after this mod. Yes, when you have it on D it will be completely normal just like it was before and of course you'll still be starting on first gear as normal. The only difference is that now you will be able to hold it in 1st gear for as long as you want instead of it shifting automatically (to save fuel)if you're driving at slow speeds.

On a side note, I've read countless times that using your car like this, meaning shifting gears manually in the automatic will eventually wear and tear and eat away at your tranny. Not saying you can't do it, just don't do it on a daily basis or your tranny will get really sluggish and you'll need a new one every year or so.

Also, isn't your bird an LT1 equiped car? how come you ran only 14.8 at the track? did you have traction problems or what? Not macking on you or anything, I just wanna know coz i'll probably be running my camaro in a weeks time for the first time on the track, so i'm just kinda wondering what problems i should anticipate. Hope i've helped mate.
    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

i never said i ran a 14.8 i have never even been to the tracj with this car
      1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Working...
      X