gears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gears

i have a chance to get 3.73's for the v6 bird, but what about my current axles and such....does that require getting larger ones such as 28 spline or even higher?

Re: gears

Originally posted by hellskull
    i have a chance to get 3.73's for the v6 bird, but what about my current axles and such....does that require getting larger ones such as 28 spline or even higher?
    Welcome to the board. Stock axles will work fine with the V6. An axle upgrade is required when some serious power numbers get involved. you know... wheels-up launches and such..

Comment

thanx bro

Comment

What year is your V6? Are we talking 4th Gen? .... early of late?

Did your V6 come with the OPTIONAL limited slip differential? While the posi rear is standard with the V8, it was optional with the V6. If you do not have a limited slip, you are probably going to need one with 3.73 gears. That means you would have to buy a new "carrier" for the gears.

An alternative might be to find a complete rear axle assembly out of the V8 car, and pick up the advantage of rear disk brakes as well.

If its not a 4th Gen, the answer might be different.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanx injuneer, its a 95, w/o the limited slip....my friend has a 00' stang that he has professionally built by a guy on the nmra, but has been doing some work on chevy's. so i'm gonna see about him throwin in some motive gears, rebuild my 3.4 with a larger cam. so we'll see but i'll always keep ppl posted....

Comment

Working...
          X