Blowing fuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing fuse

Are there any "known" issues with a 95 (93-95 models according to the book 96-97 are different it says) Camaro blowing the courtesy fuse? It doesn't power the radio but it gives the radio an always on power for retaining the clock and the channels. Without it, the radio doesn't work. I still have the stock Bose CD player in it. According to the schematic, it also powers the dome lamp, console lamp, rear compartment lamp (wherever that is), power door locks, side mirrors, RAP, and I assume the power trunk release since is doesn't work. It blows after about 15 seconds in and not doing anything in the car (not turning anything on to make it blow). Do the RAP modules ever go bad? I'm going to start unplugging things till the fuse stops blowing.

I put my amp meter inline with the fuse and with nothing on, it shows a 1.28 amp draw. I put it on one front pin (closest to front of the car) of the fuse connector and the chasis ground and it shows 0 but on the other, it shows the same current draw of 1.28 amps which makes no sense to me. WHen I press in the door jam light switch button it goes to .88 amps.

It could have something to do with the alarm since it acted up last Friday but it is working fine now and I don't think it tapped into this fuse line.

Man I hate electrical problems.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Well now it doesn't want to blow. Man. No comments from any dirty minded people out there.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

It happened to my old stock stereo. It wouldn't play music but it had power only when you pressed the "Recall" button to check the time. Turned out my radio died on me after 6 years but I never had fuse problems..
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Well now it doesn't want to blow. Man. No comments from any dirty minded people out there.
        It is hard to fix a problem that will not consistantly reproduce. Man that sucks.

it just went from blowing to sucking.

Comment

"it just went from blowing to sucking. "

LOL

It was fine today all the way to work and to lunch and back.

Comment

Working...
          X