Dent Puller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent Puller

Has anyone found a decent dent puller? If so how much do they cost?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Well you can get the little suction cup/hot glue ones like on TV for $20, but the body shop ones that weld the metal studs on the sheet metal are real expensive. If you have a little dent with good paint & no sharp creases, then the body shops might be able to pop it out for $100 or more. Some shops specialize in dings and they try to preserve the paint and pop the dent out or iron back to shape.

Almost forgot to mention the old standby, the slidehammer. About $10, but need to make holes and can wreck it worse than it is cause the metal is so thin these days (even bondo can warp it).

Comment

where's it at? whatcha need......let me at-it..........

bring it on...........gimmie ur toilet plunger.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Wolfman, its on the left rear quarter pannel. Right where it starts to curve at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoformula
          Wolfman, its on the left rear quarter pannel. Right where it starts to curve at the top.
          yu buyin da plane ticket? aint been out to good ol CO in a long time..... luv it!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have a friend that works for a company called "Dent Wizards" He drives a little white pickup with their logo on it and will fix most small dents on location.

He is good, too. He can get out nearly anything. He told me about his training classes where they had a row of car doors lined up on benches. The instructor would walk down the row with a hammer, denting each one. Then after hours of work making it perfect, he would walk up and nail it again!!

I bet there is a similar company near you.

Comment

I had some pricing done for some paint work on my T/A.

I have two small dents on the side most likely from other people car doors.

One of the body shop owners claimed he has a guy come in that can remove those dents without have to repaint anything.

I guess it must work. Would like to see it done on another car before having it done on mine.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Want about a bump (dent from the inside). The owner before me got a alarm installed and the installers mounted the alarm siren to high and when they shut the hood it dented the hood from the inside.
                Richard Harvey Jr.
                '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
                  Want about a bump (dent from the inside). The owner before me got a alarm installed and the installers mounted the alarm siren to high and when they shut the hood it dented the hood from the inside.
                  If my friend Jason sits down and concentrates he can get dents completely out. I'm sure a bump would not be a problem either.

He even polishes the paint when he is done.

Comment

If the paints ok, take it to a paintless dent repair shop. When I bought my car it had a 3" diameter dent almost 1" deep right at the same point you're talking about. Mine was just forward of the gas door and a little higher.

Anyway, $40 and 35 minutes later, the dent is out and there isn't anyone who could tell it was there before.
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I've seen the paintless dent guys do their thing at car dealerships, they are very good on dents with no paint damage, give them a shot....
                      1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

If it's where i think it is...you can take out the rear speaker on that quarter panel and get to the body and then push it out or hammer it out with caution not to hit to hard. I had a dent in the top middle of one of my rear qtr. panels so i just took the speaker out and banged the dent out with my hand. Be careful though there is sharp metal back there i cut my hand quite a few times, make sure you were a glove.

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys. Wolfman, I think it would be cheaper if I went to a dent shop then buy you a plane ticket. sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X