Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibration from center console at high speed..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration from center console at high speed..

Anyone with the M6 have this prob? Above 85 (on the track ), when I let off the gas, the center console starts vibrating.. If I stay on the gas, it doesn't. If I push the clutch in at those speeds, same thing, or if I throw it in neutral..

Any ideas? Driveshaft outta whack? Not sure why it wouldn't vibrate under load though, and only when coasting..

Also, if I remember correctly, my 94 Formula A4 did the same thing..

Thanks for any help.
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

It's a slight possibilty that a u-joint is a little worn...do you do a lot of hard launches with the car? How many miles are on it? Also check to see if you're leaking trans fluid at the yoke, could be as simple as a shot seal...
    1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Originally posted by FireFinder20
      It's a slight possibilty that a u-joint is a little worn...do you do a lot of hard launches with the car? How many miles are on it? Also check to see if you're leaking trans fluid at the yoke, could be as simple as a shot seal...
      I just got the car about 6,000 miles ago. It has about 85k now. Few hard launches, but nothing obsessive. I'll check on the trans fluid..

thanks
      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Sounds like its time for a new balanced drive shaft. I recommend Denny's or Spohn. I currently have a Spohn.

I had the same problems about 6 yrs ago...Spohn's hand balanced DS with yoke cleared it up for me.

First, make sure your tires are balanced

P.S. I would also check your trans. mount...could be coming apart.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I am finding that my problem is a common problem, and it reared its ugly head when I changed to 410s. The output shaft on the tranny has a brass bushing that wears with time. After you get about 80-100 miles it starts to show up. Unfortunately, I didn't know about this before getting the gears done. I noticed a slight vibration at about 100-110mph before the install so I didn't think much of it...some new u-joints and I am good to go? Well, I got the gears, and my car vibrates right below the console at about 75-80mph exactly as you described. Anyhow, you might want to check this out. A couple of people on this board ended up with this problem. I really wished that I waited to install the gears because it was manageable before then Now, I am stuck with a tranny overhaul. Since I need to pull it, I am doing synchros as well

Good Luck!!!
          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X