skid pad numbers ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skid pad numbers ?

anyone know what kind of skid pad numbers that transams/formulas/firehawks can pull? how about the aerodynamic drag coefficent?

with a firehawk suspension setup or better, how would an f-bod hold up against other foreign cars with about the same HP, in terms of handling or autox times? 300zx, mazda rx7/8, etc. is there even a point in modifying f-bods to handle better or should I just focus mainly on going fast, going straight.

i got some real punk-*ss friends who keep talking sh*t about my car, and considering I have more horsepower, more torque and more gears, i'm tired of it.

Not sure about the aero drag coefficient but I have read the formulas have pulled upwards of .95 g's with high performance tires.

Comment

i have heard rumor that f-bodies range between .89, and .94 on the skid pad. all i know is that by the end of the summer i want to hit 1.1 G's on the pad. i have the money and the time, so it will happen.
      2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
      1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
      past rides:
      1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
      2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
      1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
      2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
      2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
      1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
      1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
      1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Car and Driver has the 98 TA (back in 98), with 255 on the 16s pulling .89g

with suspension upgrades, pulling .90+ is no problem.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X