UPS delivered some goodies today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS delivered some goodies today!

I finally got my new 383 rotating assembly blueprinted and balanced. Waited 6 weeks for custom cut pistons from Diamond !

My LT4 heads and intake were stage 3(and then some) ported by Combination Motorsports. I will be doing some polishing and gasket matching also. I will also be changing the valve springs since I will now be using a pretty large solid roller cam.

Finally, I can start putting the motor back together. I am seriously after Joe Overtons n/a LT1 record

MORE PICTURES

WOW!!!!!!!!

People like you make me feel PROUD to be an LT1 Owner!! Whats the N/A record? How much horsepower are you expecting? Torque? Are you going to be using the original LT1 Block? I want to start saving money for a similar build up, but I dont know where to start.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

MMMmmm nice looking parts...most of which look AWEFULLY familiar

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

"Is that a Rocket in your Pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

How much did that setup run you? I'm jealous

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
          2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Re: WOW!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
            People like you make me feel PROUD to be an LT1 Owner!! Whats the N/A record? How much horsepower are you expecting? Torque? Are you going to be using the original LT1 Block? I want to start saving money for a similar build up, but I dont know where to start.
            Currently the national record for a N/A, stock style suspension, footbraked LT1 based f-body is 9.73 @ 138.09 / 1.349 60 ft. Supposedly Joe did this with approx 500 rwhp on a solid roller 388 with ported LT1 castings.

I cannot say for sure until we get on the dyno soon, but we should be able to significantly exceed 500rwhp. And yes we will be using the LT1 block with a 4 bolt splayed conversion. There have been a few others that managed to squeeze about 520-530 out of a solid roller LT4, but I am going with a much bigger cam and luckily I have many experienced gearhead friends who are helping me with my project, so I don't think 550+ is out of the question. Keeping my fingers crossed.

gimp19 if I told you how much I am spending on this project you would shoot me

Comment

Woah, 9's?

Whats the N/A record for a similar LS1 car? How much horsepower would I need to get my car in the low 11's? Do you think Stage 2 porting would do? Whats the drivetrain gonna look like for your set-up?
              1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Re: Woah, 9's?

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                Whats the N/A record for a similar LS1 car? How much horsepower would I need to get my car in the low 11's? Do you think Stage 2 porting would do? Whats the drivetrain gonna look like for your set-up?
                I will see if I can't find out tomorrow what the LS1 based n/a record is currently?

Injuneer might know.

You could see 10's with a good stage 2 heads/cam package and all bolt ons and proper gearing. Seen it done!

Custom Moser 3.06 aluminum center section, Pro-Street 4.11's, on the housing to arrive, Moser chromoly driveshaft, and the mackdaddy th400 reverse pattern full manual.

Here are some pics of the aluminum center section and tranny:

Comment

Working...
                X