Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non F-bod: Breaking News...

Comcast makes an offer to buy Disney!!

The takeover bid is approximately $66 billion...that's a whole lot of zeros friends!!!

I hope it fails...I know the kind of service Comcast offers me...it stinks! Would sure be a shame if Disney were now part of a cable company...yuck!
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

I always thought Time warner owned disney

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Time Warner owns the Bugs Bunny cartoons... roadrunner, coyote, etc, and the Warner Brothers store... direct competition to 'The Disney Store'... so in comes Comcast. Just what we need... another near-monopoly (most areas you dont have a choice between comcast and time warner) company buying an american icon.

Comment

Time Warner own AOL, don't forget

gotta love big companies that really suck
        my car:
        '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

time warner owns too much random stuff i just think of em as a cable company

Comment

Michel Eisner has destroyed moral and gotten a lot of shareholders and management pissed off at him.

He is an administrator and his time has come to leave,like Iacocca at Chrysler he saved the company but then his ego[like Eisners]took over and started doing assinine projects like the LIDO[Maserati K car] and delapidating the company.

ALL the Disney heirs[family close and far] are trying all they can to get rid of him before he destroys all the good he has done.

First Example is losing PIXAR,what a bonehead !!!!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Hey what is this gonna do to disney stock, i got some of that.

Comment

Actually- AOL bought Time Warner. I work for a company that was owned by Time Warner. Before AOL bought the parent company, Time Warner, stock was about $70. After the purchase it fell to about $10 and now is in the teens. But on the plus side- we got free AOL!

AOL is now selling off some of its companys because of their multi-billion dollar debt. The company I work for, Ivy Hill (printing and packaging), was sold to Cinram - a DVD, CD copier/distrubitor, for just over a billion.

Comment

Working...
                X