Monsoon Audio System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Audio System

How much does the stock, 10 speaker, 500-watt Monsoon system in the 2002 Trans Am weigh? When I upgrade the system, I will try to go with as light of a system as possible - preferably equal to or lighter than stock- and I would like to know how much it weighs. Thanks.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Monsoon system

Sorry, no idea on the weight but will you be selling your speakers? I need to replace my right (side probably doesn't matter) rear speaker...

Good luck with the upgrade!

Martin
    Utah
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

It's gonna be a while before I upgrade... probably not in your time frame, otherwise I would.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

hey ms94ta, you said right side rear speaker, which rear speaker? the tiny ones in the trunk compartment, or the ones next to the seats? I got mine all replaced and still have the stock speakers, email or pm me if your interested, make an offer.

If i had a scale i could weigh the stock speakers, they are about the average weight of any speaker, kind of heavy if you ask me. Depends on what your replacing them with. For highs and mids, i would go boston acoustics, cd player go alpine, amps mtx is good, many good other amps available, and if your going subs that you could take out when going to the track, go all with something like JL10W6, or JL12W6. Xtant also makes some very good products. In comparison with weight again, i just held em and some other ones i have floating around, the stocks have big magnets on them. After markets may or may not have bigger, depending on things like wattage handling, brand, 2 way, 3 way, component set. My rears have components with tweeters in ceiling, pic is on the webpage.
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
        X