drip leak from upper water pump bolt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drip leak from upper water pump bolt

Any history out there with minor drip leak form teh upper water pump bolt? During an oil change today at teh Chevy dealer the attendant noticed some coolant residue on the oil pan bolts, and traced it upward to the top water pump bolt on teh drivers side. He checked the coolant level and it was fine. He suggested I just watch it and see if there is a coolant level change over time. Any thots???
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

if its weepin......its gonna go on ya. thats my "thought".

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I agree with Ken.....go ahead and change her out......it won't get any better.
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

with only 58,000 miles on teh odometer???????
        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

I had the same thing happen to my 99 TA. It is most likely just the seal between the water pump and the block. Replace those and you will fine.

You may want to check the pump out, while it is off the car, but if it is good and the leak is actually coming from the bolt area then just replace the seals and be done with it.

Randy
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Ragtop Z
            with only 58,000 miles on teh odometer???????
            mine went at 45K
            DWS
            Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
            X