Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do u replace the light actuator to raise the lights??i am a newbie:)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u replace the light actuator to raise the lights??i am a newbie:)

about a few weeks ago my driver side light moter burned out i know ther kinda expensive the dealership gave me a quote of $390.00 to fix and replace it i think thats kinda high dont u i was wondering if anyof u could give me a good refrence or tell me step by step how to remove the assemble and replace it not to mention a good location online were i can get this part i think i am askin alot thank all of u for ur time i really apreciate it thak u all again.

click on link to see my car lol

99" trans am ws6 hood with ram air cold air intake kit from suncoast creations.com
    flowmaster cat back grantelli maf
    Attached Files

First thing is

to know if the problem are the gears not the electric motor. Grinding noise vs zero, nada ??
    Check please this link

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

If you need to purchase the motor, i would recommend to you, contact Mr. Dal Slabaugh (fair prices, fine costumer service)

www.vandevere.com click on Parts service

877-448-5451
    Ext: 501

e mail: lockitup@bright.net

Take care
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

I just did mine Saturday

I replaced the gear inside with a metal (vs. stock plastic) one and it works great. I was a little leery of splitting open the gear housing, but it comes apart easy if you take your time and the epoxy in the kit is strong as steel. The whole job only took a couple of hours...including looking for a dropped screw.

If you have to replace the motor, it's even easier, takes about half an hour...
      1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

thak you guys for the help i am fixin it today

Comment

Working...
        X