2002 SS Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 SS Exhaust

Hello again! I have been gone from the site for awhile-sold my 96 Z28 and lived with a truck for awhile-now my wife said she'd drive the truck if I wanted another camaro. I found a 2002 Black, T-top, loaded SS 6 Spd w/1300 (you read that right) miles on it, the guy traded it in so he could buy a boat hauler-amazing! I picked it up for 25000 and change, and absolutely love it!

Anyway, on to the question-it has the stock high-flow stainless exhaust. It is okay, but I would like more bark. My automatic choice would be flowmaster for the cat-back, except that I wasn't entirely happy with it on my 96. While it sounded gnarly, it also has a resonation on the freeway that drove me nuts. Are there any systems that are comparable in exterior sound while minimizing interior noise? I don't mind some d it in so he could buy a boat hauler-amazing! I picked it up for 25000 and change, and absolutely love it!

Anyway, on to the question-it has the stock high-flow stainless exhaust. It is okay, but I would like more bark. My automatic choice would be flowmaster for the cat-back, except that I wasn't entirely happy with it on my 96. While it sounded gnarly, it also has a resonation on the freeway that drove me nuts. Are there any systems that are comparable in exterior sound while minimizing interior noise? I don't mind some rumble inside (all muscle cars should have some), but the howl that the flowmaster had is what I am trying to avoid.
    On a final note, I do want the system to be a true bolt on, as I am trying to preserve the ability to return the car to stock someday, as it is the last SS made.

Thank you very much.
Working...
X