cam question???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam question???

This might sound dumb so dont make so dont make fun of me. cuz i try. Is it possible to slip a cam in from the back of the motor. cuz i am getting a new transmission soon and since the trans is going to be off i was just wondering i they could slip the cam in from the back. remember dont make fun. lol. thanks tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

You would still have to take off the timing cover of coarse but as long as there are no bigger journals in the front of the cam that would cause it to hang up I can't see why not. I'll have to look at my HOT cam when I get home.
    '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

yea thanks man. doy ou have the lt4 hot cam? cuz that is the one i want to get put in. would the place be able to put in the springs, rockers, and everything else if i were to get the kit? with just the trans being out?
      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Good luck cutting a hole through your floorboard- cuz it's pretty tight back there to thread a cam in your block. Actually, the cam bearings are stepped, the one in the front of the block is larger than the one in the rear (for clearance as you're installing the cam). If you pull the bearings out and reverse the order, you may be able to make this work,but I'm pretty sure the bearings only come out the front, so the cam would have to be removed from the front first in order to reverse the bearings to allow the cam to be removed from the rear. Hopefully this makes sense-

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X