T/A headlight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T/A headlight

my headlight on my 96 t/a is messed up. when i flip the knob for my lights to go down they go down all the way. but then the passenger side one pops up like 1/2 inch or so. i dont know what the problem would be. i have used that little know onder the hood to try to fix it but once i flip the lights down again, it pops right back up. it might not sound bad being only 1/2 inch but it looks like straight up $hit. thanks tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

I bet the gear has some damaged teeth at that spot and it is slipping there.

Comment

I think tabahrs right- that little knob under the hood is only for manual operation of the lights (i.e. your motors are wasted) and I don't think any adjustment is possible of the fit with them. can you grab onto the assy and move it up or down a ways? If so I would bet your gears are stripped out.

Comment

how mcuh would a new set of gears cost? would i be able to put them in. or would it be worth it to pay somebody.
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Here's a link to a real fix for those stupid plastic gears... It's also got a lot of fix-it info and pictures for the procedure.

Metal Headlight Gears

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

Working...
          X