Stay Young at Heart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Young at Heart

Today was a sad day as my family lost a friend. Russ was always a happy soul, no matter the circumstance. I never remember him being mad, upset or even grumpy. He would bring joy to those who crossed his path, young and old. The reason for this post is that my friend drove a '95 Z28. He bought it in Florida after he traveled down from PA and had car trouble. Might as well trade the old car in on something exciting he told me. He drove like a bat out of He**. Bad knees, arthritis, etc. It didn't matter he loved his Z28 and the attention he received while driving it and maybe more so, the complaints he got from those who rode with him. My friend Russ had celebrated his 90th birthday recently and is the best example I can think of how I can only hope to spend my senior years. Keep the faith.
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

sorry man. thats an accomplishment though.truly is.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

He lived a healthy young life to 90!!

I hope I am that fortunate. I'm sorry you lost a friend. He still lives in your memory. Keep it live.

He sure was an old F-er.

When I see people that lived a good life pass on, I am sad, but happy at the same time that it went well for them. Celebrate his life instead of mourning his death. Smile for him. Let him know everything is OK.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

If I make it to 90 and still have it in me to be able to cruise a muscle car, life will be good!

Sorry for your loss. He sounded like a pretty cool old man!

Comment

Working...
        X