Stereo Equipment???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Equipment???

I am looking to upgrade my stock stereo and was looking at the Pioneer cd player that is the GM size for our cars. Has anyone installed this unit in their car, or know anyone who has? Is the unit worth the money? I want it to sound and look good. I want to stay away from the spacer plates that come with most cd players to fit in our cars.

Here is a link to the stereo I am talking about:
    [URL=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4043_33719,00.html[/URL]

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Stereo Equipment???

Originally posted by WhtHotZ28
    I am looking to upgrade my stock stereo and was looking at the Pioneer cd player that is the GM size for our cars. Has anyone installed this unit in their car, or know anyone who has? Is the unit worth the money? I want it to sound and look good. I want to stay away from the spacer plates that come with most cd players to fit in our cars.

Here is a link to the stereo I am talking about:
    [URL=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4043_33719,00.html[/URL]

Thanks,
    Chris
    A bit off topic, but did you know the stock Bose stereo can be wire to an external amp? With a nice amp and speakers the Bose sounds sweet, and looks stock.

I have the pioneer you are looking at in my wifes Blazer. It is ok, but I would still recommend external amp(s) and better speakers.

If you have the Bose radio, your money is best spent on a nice multi-channel amp and some speakers. (including a sub)
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

As a professional 12 volt installer with 13 years of experience, I recommend you take whatever factory equipment you have in your car and immediately turn it into a boat anchor

Seriously, I have the Pioneer 77 model, and it is probably the best stereo head unit I have ever owned. I've had mine since 2000, and don't plan on changing it anytime soon. Pioneer has had that radio out since 98 or 99, and it's the same old radio as it was back then. Why? Because it is so good they don't need to change it. It was way ahead of it's time with the features it has, and still does some things that even 2004 radios can't do. It is considered to be one of the two best aftermarket direct fit radios you can put in a GM (the other being that high dollar Alpine). I hate Alpine with a passion, so I went with the Pioneer.

The kicker? My radio is XM ready, and XM wasn't even an idea when this radio came out. Buy the Pioneer, you won't be disappointed.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
      X