X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, thanks Jeffy!

Comment

Jeff..

What is your take on the spending that has been taking place? I understand that Bush has not vetod a single thing yet, although he threatens to often. I feel that spending is out of control and that is the *only* thing I dont like about Bush. I will vote for him again, because we need him in the war on terror and to keep taxes lower so the economy continues to recover. I just wish he would start vetoing some big spending bills. maybe after election he will be able to use the veto pen a bit. Maybe he has been trying to keep democrats happy by allowing the spending so he can get re-ellected?. It is after all historically the democrats that spend too much.

What do you think?
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
        Huge Economic growth? Only after one of the biggest falls! We're still in the recovery process of the economic decline thanks to Bush. You want to talk about a great economy, Clinton! Now theres an economy to brag about, and Gore would have carried the same flag. Like Taso, I voted for Gore too! Have you guys ever seen the movie, "Biodome?" Theres a scene in that movie where they joke about how everyone had a job.....
        Bush inherited a recession, a recession that was just starting in part thanks to the dot com bust. The economy is growing at the fastest rate in twenty years, twenty years ago was1984, who was president in 84? Regan.......can someone remind me if Regan was a democrat or republican, I just CAN'T seem to remember

I would love to see how Al gore would have done after having 3 jets crash into some of our most well known structures and another crash in a field

On WMD, Bush was makng statements based on the best intelligence possible. When Iraqi refugees, spies, satellites photos etc. Indicate that a Tyrannt has WMD you may agree with them. Also after the Saddam gassed to death thousands of people you would expect to find those weapons. I don't give a damn that they havent been found and may never be found, he used them in the past and would have used them in the future. We removed a Tyrannt who was killing his own people and I am proud of us for doing it!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          Jeff..

What is your take on the spending that has been taking place? I understand that Bush has not vetod a single thing yet, although he threatens to often. I feel that spending is out of control and that is the *only* thing I dont like about Bush. I will vote for him again, because we need him in the war on terror and to keep taxes lower so the economy continues to recover. I just wish he would start vetoing some big spending bills. maybe after election he will be able to use the veto pen a bit. Maybe he has been trying to keep democrats happy by allowing the spending so he can get re-ellected?. It is after all historically the democrats that spend too much.

What do you think?
          As for keeping the libs happy that is what his whole immigration bill is for. It sure as hell aren't making the conservatives happy. Why should you be granted amnesty for illegally entering our country?!

As for spending, I think it could be less in some areas. But like I stated before when someone crashes planes into the heart of your country you may want to spend a little more to prevent that and to go after the problem.

Comment

"What is your take on the spending that has been taking place?"

It's out of control. I fully understand how we have had to spend money that was not budgeted for because of the war on terrorism but the stuff that is not homeland security related needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb. I really wish they had passed the line item veto for the president. We have it for the governor of Georgia. Here is what I see, the politicians work these deals to try and get their pet project passed. I'll give you a yes vote to keep an air force base in your district open if we can add to the energy a line item to give a ceiling fan company in my district a $20,000 dollar grant for developing low energy ceiling fans. I am not kidding. That is in the energy bill. It is full of pork barrel spending like that. If the line item veto was there, the president and I don't care who it is democrat or republican can strike it out without it having to go back to both houses of congress to be re voted on. I'm sure that ceiling fan company contributed to the congress persons campaign that got them elected.

Here is the interesting thing about the prescription drug plan. Did you know that all of the big drug companies have a plan for people that can not afford medicine to get it from them. The one I had heard of were charging $15 for a prescription for these people. Under the new Medicare rules, it is now going to cost them $20 to get it under the Medicare plan. The co-pay is $20. (Well this what it was before it was voted on so I'm not entirely sure if that is what got passed.) Well the drug companies are going to drop that service because Medicare is going to pick up the tab. Gee, who's profits are going to go up because of that. Now is the time to buy stock in drug companies because they are the big winners here. Certainly the tax payers are not. And before anyone says the republican pushed it through to help the big business of drug companies I want to remind everyone that John Kerry had a bunch of donations by companies like Smith Kline. Also keep in mind that the democrats tried to push the same bill through congress under Clinton and the republican vetoed it. This is blatant attempt by the republicans to get the votes of wrinkled citizens who from who I talked to don't want it.

BTW I know most people don't like this stuff but I'm enjoying this except that it gets me fired up.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              [B
              BTW I know most people don't like this stuff but I'm enjoying this except that it gets me fired up. [/B]
              Ditto. I'm always game for a honest political discussion. Keep it coming.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Considering myself an outsider since I'm not an US citizen I have would like to voice my opinion.

The war on terrorism is a good thing, that's at least what the gouvernment would like you to believe.

Based on that war the US together with their British allies invaded Afghanistan. Britain has a great interest in it since a huge amount of drugs smuggeld into their country comes from there.

WMD where a good reason to invade Iraq. Many people belive it was just to get better control over some of the oil. Wasn't Somalia a similar case, but failed?

Now that Iraq has been invaded, several countries in the far east incl. Lybia are scared ....less that they will be invaded too if the continue being a potential threat.

Do you think a country would have been invaded if they didn't have drugs, oil or money but harbour terrorists?

The other thing I noticed travelling across the border is the new rules. Finger printing, eye scans and so on. FBI, CIA, ... have more rights to arrest, investigate and extradite suspects.

Airlines are creating a risk assessment of each passenger, based on your ethnic background, social status, criminal record, and so on. Then you will be categorized as green, yellow or red. That will decide whether you will fly or not or under what scruteny.

After the superbowl incident, live shows are live no more. In the papers you can read that they want to restrict the language you are using in a public place.

Geroge Orwell's vision is becoming more and more reality. So much for the land of the free.

As far as GW Bush goes. I think he's spending way too much money. He's pumping billions into foreign countries while people here are going hungry or live in poverty.

I liked Clinton. Even with all the endeveaours he went through people liked him. I think they could relate to him.

It's a little rough around the edges but that's how I see it.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97

The other thing I noticed travelling across the border is the new rules. Finger printing, eye scans and so on. FBI, CIA, ... have more rights to arrest, investigate and extradite suspects.

Airlines are creating a risk assessment of each passenger, based on your ethnic background, social status, criminal record, and so on. Then you will be categorized as green, yellow or red. That will decide whether you will fly or not or under what scruteny.

After the superbowl incident, live shows are live no more. In the papers you can read that they want to restrict the language you are using in a public place.

Geroge Orwell's vision is becoming more and more reality. So much for the land of the free.
                  You are of course correct with this observation. It is not through any fault of the US though. As technology grows and weapons become smaller and simpler to build we are going to see some major problems. Any crazy or fanatical person will have no problem building a bomb that could wipe out hundreds. We need to increase security, for our own safety. You wouldnt want to live in fear of getting killed every day would you? I'm willing to deal with an extra hour at the airport to prevent the US becoming like Isreal with bombs going off everywhere regularily.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    You are of course correct with this observation. It is not through any fault of the US though. As technology grows and weapons become smaller and simpler to build we are going to see some major problems. Any crazy or fanatical person will have no problem building a bomb that could wipe out hundreds. We need to increase security, for our own safety. You wouldnt want to live in fear of getting killed every day would you? I'm willing to deal with an extra hour at the airport to prevent the US becoming like Isreal with bombs going off everywhere regularily.
                    You are correct. I'm not against some of the measures. I have nothing to hide. But if you're not careful you will become a Police State or will have your own iron curtain.

Some contries are not thrilled with these new measures. I think Brasil has started finger printing Americans entering their country to the dismay of the US gouvernment. Are there two different standards?
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Did "Dubya" break into your neighbors house? Kinda funny how threads can take a life of their own. Maybe there was reason to believe terrorists were smuggled into the country inside the television...

In all seriousness, that sucks a$$. It really pi$$es me off when somebody steals or destroys something that belongs to somebody else because they are too much of a low life to work hard and actually earn it themselves.

The thing that bothers me most about Bush is how he comes off when he speaks...especially "ad lib". The leader of the free world, and most powerful man on the planet can't even say the word "nuclear" right.
                      98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

Originally posted by pugmire
                        In all seriousness, that sucks a$$. It really pi$$es me off when somebody steals or destroys something that belongs to somebody else because they are too much of a low life to work hard and actually earn it themselves.
                        Yep that's how the thread started. We had our car stolen a while back and for a while we had all these gadgets installed to make it harder for somebody to steal it. It must be an awful feeling to have been burglarized. Stealing is one thing, but then destroying your stuff is a whole other.

We have a kid living on our street that has been arrested several time for breaking and entering. So you always make sure everything is locked, not that it really helps.

Also a while ago our daughter hung around with people that were eventually arrested for burglary and sent to jail.

Our worries were laid to rest when she assured us that they were only robbing stores not homes !!???

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

"The war on terrorism is a good thing, that's at least what the government would like you to believe."
                          I don't know what you are trying to say here, but, I make my own opinions based on a multitude of sources. No offense but the US was attacked not Canada. Brazil wasn't attacked either. And Brazil has no right to be upset at the us stepping up security for people flying in from Brazil since Brazil was where most of Hitler's regime escaped to after WWII and they did nothing to them.

"Based on that war the US together with their British allies invaded Afghanistan. Britain has a great interest in it since a huge amount of drugs smuggeld into their country comes from there." I don't know about British interest in Afghanistan. You are right about the drugs. The only thing exported from there are drugs and terrorist.

"WMD where a good reason to invade Iraq. Many people belive it was just to get better control over some of the oil. Wasn't Somalia a similar case, but failed?" I do not know about that but Bosnia had no material resources and we went into there. As far as I know, nobody has "taken" any oil from Iraq. Heck they are having a hard enough time keeping the pumps running due to sabotaged. I wish the US would take over the oil from Iraq. Gas prices have risen over $.30 a gallon in the last month. If we are controlling it, We are doing an awful job at it.

"Now that Iraq has been invaded, several countries in the far east incl. Lybia are scared ....less that they will be invaded too if the continue being a potential threat." This is the best thing to come from Iraq.

"Do you think a country would have been invaded if they didn't have drugs, oil or money but harbour terrorists?" See point 3 above.

"Airlines are creating a risk assessment of each passenger, based on your ethnic background, social status, criminal record, and so on. Then you will be categorized as green, yellow or red. That will decide whether you will fly or not or under what scruteny." No offense but this just simply isn't true. Criminal record is used but ethnicity and social status is not used. The Israelis joke that the US are looking for weapons when they should be looking for terrorist. They search 80 year old white females when they should be looking for the ethnic group that has been actively engaging in terrorism. I wish they would use ethnic background. Political correctness taken to the extreme.

"After the superbowl incident, live shows are live no more. In the papers you can read that they want to restrict the language you are using in a public place." I walked out of the mall back before Christmas with my 13 year old daughter and there were 3 boys and 1 girl about 17 or 18. Every 3rd word from them was GD, or MF, or the b word for female donkey, etc etc. I never even thought about talking like that. My mom would have whopped me up side the head. I'm wondering if sometimes when parents stop doing their job if the government should step in and do it for them. I absolutely do not want my child to hear talk like that or see crap on TV of some young punk kid who thinks he's hot stuff ripping the top off of a woman exposing her breast on TV. If that were to happen on the street, they would call it assault and battery. The airwaves are owned by the citizens not the government. The governments job is to police them for the citizens. There are laws against this stuff. Enforce the laws. If the people decide to change the law fine but until then enforce the laws on the books.

"As far as GW Bush goes. I think he's spending way too much money." I learned something a few years ago that I did not know and I doubt many other people do because I was involved in the negotiation of a contract with and Israeli company under contract with their government. The United States gives way too much money to other countries but I learned that sometimes the US puts stipulations on how that money can be spent. The US gave Israel money but they were required to spend a certain percentage of it in the US to US companies. The company I work for received a 10.8 million dollar contract from them and another 6.2(I think) million for a follow on. So that money ended up coming back to benifit a US comapany and emplyee a lot of people in the US. It makes me feel a little better about giving away this money.

"He's pumping billions into foreign countries while people here are going hungry or live in poverty." The following is from http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html (and many other place that I don't feel like going and getting links to and posting)

GOING TO BED HUNGRY

Yesterday on the campaign trail we heard John Edwards say "Let's think about it. In a country with our wealth, to have children going to bed hungry!"

Hold on a moment. Where does Edwards get the idea that so many children are going to bed hungry in America? Several years ago, during the Clinton era, a liberal activist group tried to figure out whether or not children were suffering from hunger in America. Parents were asked if during the past year any of their children had ever complained about being hungry. Now just how many of you parents have managed to go through one year without hearing "Mom, I'm hungry" from your child? For every parent who answered "yes" to that question the "researchers" determined that we had a child who was "going to bed hungry."

Do you think anyone will question Edwards about the source for his information? Yeah, right.

BTW, Boortz is a Libertarian not a republican or Democrat.

Hey Black97, please don't get mad at what I said, I'm not trying to personally attack anyone. Mostly I want to dispell rumers with facts if possible. I do appreciate your posting. I think if we can have an open honest discussion, we all can learn something.

Hey Bond Hawk, that was a really good post. I am like wow. (No I am not from the valley LOL)

From pugmire "The leader of the free world, and most powerful man on the planet can't even say the word "nuclear" right." Ha ha ha that was the president from my home state Georgia Jimmy Carter not Bush. The funniest thing about this is he is a nuclear engineer. No kidding. He said it something like new-key-er LMAO Back to Bush though, he is not the best speaker around. Clinton is a much better speaker.

"In all seriousness, that sucks a$$. It really pi$$es me off when somebody steals or destroys something that belongs to somebody else because they are too much of a low life to work hard and actually earn it themselves." Amen!!!

Black97 "Our worries were laid to rest when she assured us that they were only robbing stores not homes !!???" I bet that made you feel better. NOT! LOL That's the line of the day.

My posts are getting longer and longer and longer. LOL
                          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Jeff don't worry. Everybody has a right to voice his or her opinion. You state yours, I state mine.

When it's all said and done we are still buddies here on this board.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

"Jeff don't worry. Everybody has a right to voice his or her opinion. You state yours, I state mine.

When it's all said and done we are still buddies here on this board."

That's exactly right. If you're down here, look me up. I'll still buy ya dinner. We just won't talk polotics and ruin it for both of us. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                                That's exactly right. If you're down here, look me up. I'll still buy ya dinner. We just won't talk polotics and ruin it for both of us. LOL
                                You got a deal. It might be a while. Currently working in Cincinnati and then back home in Ontario until the end of May. I would be free during the Summer.

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                                X