Blown engine????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown engine????

i have a bit of a challenging question today my mom had some problems she went as usual to pick my sis up from school everything was kool so it seemed when she pulled out on the road the van died Trans Port montana 97 they finnaly got a tow and when the mechantic looked it over he told my father that the engine was blown what does this consist of or is this just a term used to decribe a completely un balanced engine with to many problems to list or does this term have a isolated definition ??? could somone give me a better instie on what this means either way its gonna cost some money lol thanks guys

The term "blown engine" is used to describe a motor that has seized usually but not limited to a lubrication failure. 'Seized" means that a significant part of the side of the piston is digging in to the cylinder wall causing the rotating assembly to eventually lock up.

Comment

than you fast TA

Comment

me, I would ask for a much better description. any number of things can make an engine die and not be a destroyed engine
        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

throne_zx, I was not attempting to diagnose your mom's vehicle, I was just trying to answer your question about what constituted a "blown motor".

Like 00 Ragtop Z said though, it would really be to your benefit to get a second opinion from someone who is well known to be trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
          X