Another Subie to watch out for!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Subie to watch out for!

Subaru just transplanted the WRX motor into the Forester - of all cars - making it the "Forester XT". Horsepower is down a bit from WRX but Car and Driver got a 0-60 in 5.3! The problem is it looks exactly like every other Forester - only has a little "XT" on it. Price starts at 25K or so - you've been warned!
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Re: Another Subie to watch out for!

Originally posted by casey02ws6
    Subaru just transplanted the WRX motor into the Forester - of all cars - making it the "Forester XT". Horsepower is down a bit from WRX but Car and Driver got a 0-60 in 5.3! The problem is it looks exactly like every other Forester - only has a little "XT" on it. Price starts at 25K or so - you've been warned!
    it isn't the EJ20 from the WRX, and it has loads more torque than the WRX. IIRC, its a 2.5, but don't quote me on that. Also, this has a bit more potential than the EJ20s.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

You're right - not the WRX motor - I misread the article - they said "Think of it as a WRX with more cargo...." - 235 lbft of torque at 3600 RPM. Still a boxer four, turbo charged, AWD, and impressive.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Re: Another Subie to watch out for!

Originally posted by casey02ws6
        5.3 seconds. That's only 3 seconds faster than my CRV. I am unafraid

Comment

Ummm...5.3 seconds is faster than nearly every 93-97 Fbody (in stock trim) and quicker than most LS1's driven by average drivers. (as tested by auto mags.) I've seen WRX's at Englishtown run mid to low 13's with NO MODS at all except a K&N filter...

I find it odd how people view the quickness of cars today...
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Ummm...5.3 seconds is faster than nearly every 93-97 Fbody (in stock trim) and quicker than most LS1's driven by average drivers. (as tested by auto mags.) I've seen WRX's at Englishtown run mid to low 13's with NO MODS at all except a K&N filter...

I find it odd how people view the quickness of cars today...
            I was kidding. Sorry you got all shook up...

Comment

but come on guys........what kid wants to buy a yuppie looking suv called Forester in lieu of summin he can rice...............so the av. owners wont be racers.........

tell ya...our Envoys are rolling thunder........ you get em moving..and hit it...and it smokes a lot of small v8 suv's. striaght 6's make some torque.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
              X