Engine/smog help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine/smog help

I have a 1979 camaro and recently got a 1961-1964 corvette engine and plan on dropping it in the camaro but I am worried about smog. It has a 4bbl quadrajet carb and holley headers which probably aren't going to help matters. The engine is completely rebuilt with maybe 10 miles on it. Is there any chance that I will pass?

Most states excuse a car from having to pass an emissions test if it is older than 25 years.

Looks like you are right on the money!

Comment

not here in CA. The limit is only at 1976 and under

Comment

"not here in CA. The limit is only at 1976 and under"

I think it is 1975 here in Georgia. It might be 1976. Not sure. It depends on where you live and I don't know where that is because you did not fill it in when you registered. LOL
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

go buy a 1976 parts car and swap the cowl tags. Transfer the registration to the car with the new VIN.

Suddenly your car is a 1976!

(those guys wont know the difference)
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
          X