Oxygen sensors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen sensors...

Is there a way to disable the heated oxygen sensor behind the catalytic converter? I want to run straight through, or at least a high flow catalytic converter. But I don't want the "Service Engine Soon" light to constantly glow. If I have no cat, and leave the sensor in, will it cause my car to run lean? What's the best approach? Thanks,

George
    1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

The rear "after-cat" O2 sensors do not control A/F ratio. They are only there to monitor the effectiveness of the cats. When the cats are deleted, you can either get "sims".... small electronic modules that plug into the harness and "simulate" the missing sensors, or go into the PCM programming and turn off the diagnostics for the after-cat sensors.

If all you are doing is using a "high flow" cat, you can just leave the sensors where they are. Its only a "missing" cat that causes problems.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

What exactly are the problems caused by leaving the sensor in behind a "missing" cat? And how would I go about getting the reprogramming done?
      Thanks,

george
      1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by immgeorge
        What exactly are the problems caused by leaving the sensor in behind a "missing" cat? And how would I go about getting the reprogramming done?
        Thanks,

george
        Just the annoying SES light, no performance issues since the "pre-cat" o2 sensors are resposible for adjusting fuel. The o2 sensor delete can be performed by a program such as LT1/LS1 edit.

Comment

Working...
        X