Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it me or just imports think they are fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it me or just imports think they are fast?

no trash talking here from me...but being 20 and driving a bright red trans am, I get a lot of attention...and sometimes bad attention. seems like every import guy wants to call me out and race. of course I don't for my safety as well as my girlfriend...but I get punked out...and to know that they ride off laughing and yelling that they can beat a LS1 with their B16, K20 or whatever 4 banger they have...it just pisses me off. My best friend drives a soupped up Civic and he is fast...for a import, by no means can he keep up with me and knows that, but more importantly he respects that and my car, so where do these guys come up thinking that can beat us!? They can barely keep up with my old GTA...better yet my 3.1 Firebird that I sold could hold it's own. come on guys who do they think they are messing with. I hope these idiots don't think that just because they beat a v6 they can beat a v8...can't they tell the difference?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

One of my friends is Laotion American,

He and his brothers think Imports are the bomb. A big thing in the South East Asian Community from my understanding. One of his brothers sent me an Email talking about some business and ended with a playful "By The Way, Firebirds Are Slow." He did that just to get a little rise from me. He and his brother own imports, one of them a Honda S-2000. I did have a business aquaintance who has worked on F-Bodies for a big part of his life. he mentioned that he owned a Honda S-2000 that beat a Camaro SS in the 1/4 mile. I don't really know what he did to his car though. All I know is there is only so much juice you can squeeze from an orange and that is it. Weight/power ratio the imports have a little advantage but otherwise there is only so much you can do. I never try to smoke anyone with my girlfriend or really any friend in the car. If the coast looks clear and the dude wants to see what you got for a little distanceit may not hurt, but you always take a chance. Track the dude down and challenge him to go in a safer more distant area. See who gets the bragging rights.

Mixedpuppy
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

They all think that their ricer can beat an LS1/LT1. Makes no sense to me. Had a couple of punks in a RSX-s the other day. He was chirp'in the tires 1 thru 4. I let him get out a bit from a stop sign then hammered it. All they saw was a black TA flying by like they were standing still. hehehe
      John
      97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
      02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
      99 Bravada

Comment

yeah...it's big in Atlanta for Asian...then agin it's big for every race. I see plenty of mixed beans in the import arena... Then again, I'm a mixed bean in the domestic arena. The crap I get for driving my Firebirds is more enough to open a can of whoop imports..but I don't, see we're the more civilized ones. Honda S2000s are plenty quick stock trim, but no where fast compared to us...auH!!! VENTING VENTING...I'm just venting..whew.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Tiburons...........I hate Tiburons! (sounds like "Rats...........I hate rats!" like a Psycho) See my thread about "Funny Story from Korea". Let me know if anyone smokes a Tiburon.
          Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Yeah, I read that thread...good one, kept me from my job a good 10 minutes...LoL A while ago, I had a guy in a Tib call me out to run at Moreland (a car meet area where cars can run). Sorry to tell you, but I didn't...and well, didn't think his car was worthy of a butt spanking...rather save the gas on the way home. Oh, they have been "de"rated to 161hp not the 171 the factory mentioned...and oh, I have a Korean girlfriend that want one so bad...of course I said no but after I got my TA...she's in love with it...I'm so lucky

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I even get them bothering me in my SS454 pickup once in a while. It's annoying, but you just need to smoke by them once to put them in their place. My biggest problem is the traction. Too much torque and not enough weight over the rear. I destroyed some kids in a Honda the other day. I went by them so fast that their mouths were just hangin open catchin flies. I guess they don't know what a big block is. I remember when the first Fast and the Furious came out. I was in the middle of Princeton, NJ one night at a light with my brother in my old supercharged 93 Indy Pace Car and these idiots in 2 ricers pull up in the right lane(turn only lane) and start revving their engines. Well, main street in Princeton is 25 mph and pedestrians have the right of way. I told my brother, watch these idiots try to beat me off the light. Sure enough, they take off and both go straight and then swerve to the left at the last second before they would have hit a parked car. I barely pulled away from the light because I knew they were going to do something stupid. Then they made the first right after that. I laid on the horn pretty good. If I had actually accelerated from the light, they would have both smashed into the parked car. Pay attention to the situation before you do anything, but if it's clear, put them in their place.
              69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
              70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
              2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Of course, they will do anything...I know, I avoid when I can. I see them coming down the HWY cutting people off and everything, I just move aside and let them pass...they have no regards for motorists.

oh I also noticed one other thing about IMPORTS, it's always "ABOUT ME", "LOOK AT ME", "I CAN BE LOUD TOO", "LOOKIE AT ME!!!". Everyone want's to be the center of attention..and that is gonna bite them in the butt. They even talk bad about each other...that's isn't everyone, I just notice that. IT's cool to be the center of attention...but if you're a civic revvin the crap out of your lil 4, it's funny, not cool. You wouldn't believe what some of the these guys do...

2F2F was a movie that I enjoyed...a guy was like F*** domestics, throughout the whole movie, then the race with the Yenko and the Callenger shut him up! I like the fact that 2F2F used the Camaro as the last car in movie...and it made that guy think twice before opening his mouth

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

dude, one day your just gonna have to come out and smoke one of em by like 5 car lengths, then he'll tell all his loser friends, and they wont [deleted by Moderator] w/ you anymore, but u can still burn them when u want....The only respectable import i think is a mitsubishi 3000gt.....those are nice and made on the same base as a dodge stealth..

Warning from Moderator: Do not use 4-letter curse words in your posts.
                  http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
                  Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

i have the best solution which i almost use every day, simply say"why should i waste my gas just to prove something we both know........@$$. thats all i ever say unless im in the mood to play around. there usually the ones getting laughed at. hope this helps~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

p.s. stang eater, watch the words, odds are we all use those words( i know i do) but just not on this site. thanks~gunter

1996 Trans Am WS6 #34
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/gunter96ws6

Comment

Revving 4 bangers

I HATE, absolutely HATE when they rev those thigns up. It seriously sounds like someone dropped a weed-whacker under the hood. I can't imagine that sounds good to ANYONE. But alas... to some it actually does.

When I am in the mood, I have also been guilty of seeking out the rice eaters on occaision. Pull up next to them at 70 mph, drop to 3rd and watch them become a small spec in the rear-view mirror. They don't stand a chance at matching the amount of torque the LS1 can generate in 3rd gear at 70 mph.

My favorite story was when a riced out Civic (rather respectable as far as Civics go -- and he was spraying -- yikes) was in front of me and I heard him rev it sky high. I followed suit, and walked him when we hit 70 mph. He was so cocky, and I wasn't even looking for the battle, but when he took of, I couldn't resist. I know... stupid. Probably the stupidest thing I have ever doen in that car to tell you the truth. But wow, was the ticked off look on his face ever worth when I went by waving out the t-tops
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

sorry bout that
                          http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
                          Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

I think we all agree that you give props to Supra's, Skyline's, 300ZX's, DSM's, 3000GT's, and other REAL import performance vehicles, but it's the idiots in the 4 bangers NA or nitrous (stickers usually) that cause all the problems. I know lots of guys with DSM's and 300's around here, and of them have that "I'm almighty" attitude. Of course, when you lose by only 2 car lengths in an NA bone stock LT1 (forgot to turn the bottle on) to the second fastest car in town (DSM with a built motor and a turbo upgrade), then you get some respect.

Most of the time, these fools understand they will get creamed in a straight up race, so they either try and catch you slippin' or they just wanna see you take off in a cloud of tire smoke. The idiots that actually think they can take you will never learn until you layeth the smackdown on their candy a$$.
                            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Actually guys, they don't get it even when you roast them. I had a guy that worked with me, he was the president of a local ricer club. Just for kicks one night, I helped him out and entered the T/A in a show that his club was attending, just so they would get most # of entries. Oh well, political or not, I was there. One day not long after that, he ends up at a traffic light next to me. He's goading me into running him. Throwing me a few revs from his fart pipe. I was kinda amused at the whole thing. I wasn't really gonna play. I went out slow and the next thing I know he powershifts into second and barks it. By this time I was already into second and slowly moving out so I punched it. It downshifted into first just long enough to peg the redline. He's looking out his window at me grinning because he thinks he's winning. My T/A hit a hard 2nd and launched foreward like it was rear ended, instantly hurling me a car length in front before the tires totally hooked. It was serious overkill. His girlfriend in the car was laughing because of how bad he just got owned. Later on, we get to talking and we get on that subject. The girlfiend starts rubbing it in on how bad he got toasted and he kinda brushed it off and said: " well, did you see how bad I had him at first?"

Honest to God, he was going to find a victory somewhere and hang on that. I just don't even bother wasting my gas or potential parts carnage on rice. Even when you do roast them, they are in denial.

Comment

Working...
                              X