SS "Copy" Spotted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS "Copy" Spotted

On my way from work out to get dinner tonight I see a 98-2000 V6 camaro pull up in the parking lot to pick up some girl sitting on a bench. It had some of those long chrome slash cut dual tips on it. You could tell it was a V6 from the exhaust sound alone. I didn't think anything of it untill I saw he had put SS badges on the front fenders How lame is that? Who does he think he's fooling? No ram air hood, SS spoiler, SS rims or anything. There's nothing wrong with having a V6 but to throw some SS badges on it that's just a disgrace. I got in my car and when I drove by him I gave a little rev with the cutout open so he could hear what a real V8 sounds like ......Just thought I'd share....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Integrity runs deep within the "ricer" mentality!

Comment

I guess the badges are cheaper than the hood, spoiler, wheels.

I agree, be proud of what you have and present that well.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

How do you know he didnt take off his spoiler, hood or rims and just leave the badges on so he could be really, really sleeper Hahahahaha
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

i hate "posers". nothing wrong with using the hood, etc..... but dont badge it.....and call it something it isnt.

"wannabee's".........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That's pathetic. I mean, I'm a wannabee , but I don't go putting SS or Z28 badges on my car. In fact, for a while there I was looking for 3800V6 emblems, but decided against them. I am just patiently (pshhh...yeah right ) till I get my car paid off and can afford to get a Z. Guys like that give us V-6'ers a bad name.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I bet very few v6 fbody owners would even consider doing that. Even if you discount the dishonesty involved, I'd be afraid to run into people who know the difference and being called out about it. I wouldn't call anyone out, but I'm sure there are some who would.

I don't even like to see FRC's on fbods that say "Corvette."
              Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

I recently jumped all over a guy on ebay for this...

He was selling a 1996 Trans am Formula WS6. That was the first problem...I explained to him there was no such thing, as he was proclaiming this to be an ultra-rare version that had the Formula package added to the Trans Am package (duh).

Next, he stated that the car was a fully loaded WS6 car...however, he decided not to order the hood. (ya' right) Upon further examination, the car did not have the 17" WS6 wheels either, or any of the underhood air intake parts. However, he did have the WS6 badge on the rear of the car. Guess what...except for the badging...that's all he had. The car was a 1996 Firebird Trans Am...nothing more, nothing less.

I chose to inform him that unless he "rectify" the information he was posting on e-bay, I would contact all of the bidders informing them of the deception. Since the clown decided to call my bluff, I did indeed email every bidder on the list.

Long story short, he did not set a reserve...with only an hour to go, all of his bidders retracted their bids. The seller pulled the listing at the last few minutes.

I considered it my "good deed for the day", I really hate seeing fellow F-body enthusiasts being taken advantage of...burns me up!!!!

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

reminds me of the time i was outside a club in Los Angeles CA.
                  , in the middle of the street there sat a 6 cyl. "cobra", it was damn funny because the guy had all the emblems and all the body exacly like a mustang cobra. it didnt sound good and thats why i decided to check it out. i go around it , and there it was ...
                  the big fart can. HAHAAHA.
                  after that i think the owner got mad because he saw us laughing and decided to do a burnout... with one rear wheel of course.
                  Miss My Bird

Comment

I hate also people with a Corvette hardtop (Older ones) and put Z01 badges and maybe even the duct work but have the stock 345 HP engine in it.
                    '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

This reminds me of a story when my brother and I went to the movies with some friends. He had his ZR-1 at the time and parked it next to a white mid 94 Corvette LT1 with ZR-1 badges on it. When we got out of the movies the vette was gone. I wonder what he thought when he got in it and looked next to an actual ZR-1? Dumbass..
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I see em all the time...it's not limited to us Domestics...it's even worse in the import scene.

You know the worse...it's not proclaiming to be a higher end car of your own...it's when you badge it incorrectly all the together.

A v6 Mustang "GTR" (Nissan Skyline GTR Badge)
                        or a Z28 with GTR on it...

AUH!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

LOL!!

I saw a GT-R Mustang the other day
                          Joe K.
                          '11 BMW 328i
                          '10 Matrix S AWD
                          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian

I don't even like to see FRC's on fbods that say "Corvette."
                            FRC's??
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:
                            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I think FRC's are brake calipers. The Corvette's have the them lettered on there brake calipers.
                              '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

Working...
                              X