Hooker cat back ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooker cat back ??

any one hear any thing good/ bad about it ?? i have been looking into which exaust i want to buy and given the reputation they have im assuming its a prety good setup but i may be wrong.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

If you do a search on Google or Yahoo, you find a lot of Performance stores that carry Hooker products incl. the cat back sys. that you are inquiring about. So you would think it's a good thing.

On this board you hardly hear anything about the Hooker cat back. I think a search for Hooker will find mostly messages about headers. So if they don't get mentioned a lot on this board chances are they are not that good.

Based on the stats we have a tie here.

Most mentioned names are SLP Loudmouth and Borla cat back. Both being made out of stainless steel. Hookers are not SS.

Flowmaster is mentioned quite often as well, some like them and some don't.

If you like it loud, get the Loudmouth, and it costs about the same as the Hookers or close if I remember right.

If you like room for adjustment, get the Borla. You can adjust the sound level with different plates. But it will cost you almost twice as much as a LM or Hooker.

Like I said, both of them are SS while the Hooker ain't.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I would recommend getting the SLP 2 on da left cat back exhaust. The exhaust system is all stainless steel. I have the SLP 2 on da left exhaust and the sound of it is awesome. When cruising around it has a deep throaty sound but when you hit WOT thats when you hear the SLP 2otl exhaust makes its music. But at idle it is deep and throaty but not as loud as a flowmaster but you can tell you have a exhaust. The only thing I am not sure if you care about having two exhaust tips on each side because the SLP 2 on da left has 2 exhaust tips exiting the driver's side as you can tell by the name. Also the design of the muffler is pretty much straight thru. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Good luck on your choice.
      Eric Lelina
      95 Z28
      Tuned by Carolina Auto Masters
      302hp and 335tq
      M6,GMPP CAI,1.6 Crane Gold RRs, MAC Headers,1LE intake elbow,Air Foil,!TB Bypass,Hypertech 160 Thermostat,Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Wires,Accel Super Coil,MSD 6al,SLP 2otl catback, Eibach Pro Kit,DMS SFCs,Hotchkis STB,BMR Adjustable PHR,Global West LCA,1LE Sway bars front and rear,KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, Energy Suspension Tranny Mount and Endlinks,Prothane Poly Torque Arm Mount,LS1 Driveshaft,17x9 SS rims.

Comment

Working...
      X