roller rockers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller rockers

some people tell me i should change the rockers to bigger ones,first off how much does this cost,what brand and size?and what does it do,

if it is more than 400 wouldnt it be better to go with a hotcam kit because doesnt that include bigger rockers?

thanks guys
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

1.6 rr's give you more lift as opposed to a stock 1.5. They also reduce the friction between the top of the valve stem and the roller tip of the rocker arm. The combination of these two is usually good for about 20 hp.

hmmmmm, I feel like I've typed this before.

A set of Comp Cams Magnum Self-Aligning Roller-Tip Rocker Arms, 3/8" stud, 1.6 Ratio will set you back about $190. And any LT1 comp cams camshaft of your choice will run right at $250. So for $440 you can have your 1.6 rr's and basically any shelf grind you want.

Just by chance if you decide to go with a solid roller, there is a 4-7 swap cam available from comp that just swaps the 4 and 7 firing order and has been shown to increase hp from standard order firing camshafts by as much as 15hp. The change in firing order greatly decreases crank deflection (twisting and bending) which frees up the extra hp.

I don't know if this is your daily driver or not if, but if it is ignore the above paragraph.

Comment

so how would i go about doin this,it is my daily driver,
      what size cam would i want and approxiamently how much hp would i b looking at?item numbers would be great.
      rockers alone wouldnt be enough would they? would i need new valve springs,and pushrods?

i dont really wanna do headers all that bad unless with a offroad pipe and y-pipe alone they are more effective than a loudmouth cat-back and i wont bottleneck at the intermediate pipe that would stink

i mean i have the car flowing preddy good with intake mods like slp cai, trickflowintake elbow and tpis air foil, so i got air going in preddy smoothly and cool, just need a way of getter the exhaust out faster and smoother on that 4th exhaust stroke.
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

hmmmmm, I feel like I've typed this before.

I wonder when?

Is there some special tool for changing the studs?

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

ok
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

Working...