AutoCross Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
    Are you geeks really talking about electric cars on my autocross thread? If I took the blade off my riding mower I could probably cut the cones as well as a prius.

lol
    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

just saw the link, those EV1's are an ugly car.

just saw auto x yesterday and there was a bevvy of type r civics and other jap imports. there was this crazy golf that kept going on 3 tyres around every corner, a real crowd pleaser The top time in the highest class for the second auto x in a row went to a westfield. its a kit car by the way, kinda like the caterham. This thing was fully modded though, the owner said he gets around 4 miles per GALLON of fuel even though its only a 4cylinder now thats crazy. Honda civics did best though in comparison to the other cars like mr2's, golf's, bmw m3's, bmw z3's that were in the same class. of course the hondas were type r's modded to the max.

They even had a f-body transam running in the lower stock classes which didn't do so good. BUt i'm sure he had a lot of fun all the same. I'm gonna be joining this club and auto xing soon hopefully, still not sure whether to do it in my stock 2000 civic or my camaro though. just thought i'd share.
      93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

Mini Cooper? Haven't actually seen one run.
        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
          Mini Cooper? Haven't actually seen one run.
          They can be awesome. Really small, flat cornering, I've seen them outcorner some serios stuff. Due to their shape, you can put a pretty stout cage in there.

Comment

I have decided to go with a two tiered approach. My TA isn't working out too well as a daily driver so I am going to try and pick up decent CRX to perform the DD role. Once I establish a reliable vehicle, I can begin doing suspension mods on both vehicles

I figure I can put a nasty suspension under the CRX without affecting its reliabilty.

In the mean time I can set the TA up for VIR. That is the best local track I know of and it is a very fast circuit.

Then I will have the best of both worlds: Torque Monster and Corner Carver!

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I have decided to go with a two tiered approach. My TA isn't working out too well as a daily driver so I am going to try and pick up decent CRX to perform the DD role. Once I establish a reliable vehicle, I can begin doing suspension mods on both vehicles

I figure I can put a nasty suspension under the CRX without affecting its reliabilty.

In the mean time I can set the TA up for VIR. That is the best local track I know of and it is a very fast circuit.

Then I will have the best of both worlds: Torque Monster and Corner Carver!

Sounds good man, good luck
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It's mostly just dreamin anyway. My old man has always said that I have Champagne taste and Beer money.

96 TA Sold!
                87 TA Sold!
                80 Z28 Sold!
                74 Formula Sold!
                73 Z28 Sold!
                69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

It's mostly just dreamin anyway. My old man has always said that I have Champagne taste and Beer money.
                  hahaha, thats funny, my dad says the same thing about me

by the way, when you do get good suspension done on the crx for auto x it will really really REALLY sacrifice your street driving comfort. my friends crx thats set up for auto x and that has coil overs and is quite low for quick tight cornering is a pain in the @ss literally on any humps or bumps in the road. But, its a beast on the track. I guess compromises have to be made.
                  93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

The reason that I mentioned electric cars is the instant torque. The EV1 would not handle well enough to do the job but the application of that propulsion system could result in a real potent combination. Remember, we were discussing a hypothetical application!

In Seattle, there was an SS that was set up properly, running race rubber that regularly knocked on the door for FTD. It was a real rocket around the course. A typical event drew 150 entrants. Keep in mind that the Northwest Region has quite a few National champions in its' ranks.

An F-body is a potent car for autocross but you do have to drive it. I can also tell you that driving a 4th gen is different from driving a 1st gen.

Now, if you go look in the SCCA rule book, you will find that propane is a legal fuel. It is legal because of my 69 Z-28! I ran propane and gasoline for a year and proved that as an alternate fuel, it provided no unfare advantage. I can tell you this, you could go wide open at any speed and the engine (302) would just start pulling - on gasoline you had to be careful with that big Holley or a backfire would result. The tank did raise the rear roll center and changed the handling a bit.

Now, all that aside, it's time to start planning our autocross season! Just do it!

Comment

Working...
                    X