Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost for the rear section exhaust...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would it cost for the rear section exhaust...

How much would it cost for just the rear section of the exhaust system, in otherwords, just the muffler and tailpipes?

Also how much would it probably cost to install?

I was thinking about putting dual exhaust on my car but I didn't want to make my exhaust system extremely loud. So I decided on trying to find the rear section exhaust system.

I would strongly recommend that you go for a full "catback" system. The 3" intermediate pipe that comes with the typical catback seems to provide about 1/2 of the gain.

Back in 94 when I first bought my Formula, I picked up the Borla "rear section"..... and it had nowhere near the performance gain of the real Borla catback.

Duals don't have to be loud. The type mufflers you use will determine how loud it is.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Well, I am not really looking for performance side of the equation. What I do want is to make my car look the part and some what sound the part.

I have found some places that will but the dual outlets on my car.

later...

Comment

Well, I am not really looking for performance side of the equation. What I do want is to make my car look the part and some what sound the part.
        If it's going to look the part why not make it perform the part also. Looks are good and I understand where you are comeing from. But save up, the full cat-sys. is better then exhaust pipes. Don't want to be mean but that sound's kinded of ricer, just exhaust? Why not add stickers that say GT-RSIR it looks like you be driving a race car . Just do what you want. If you're happy with it. Thats all that really matters .

Comment

If you want "looks" and "sound", and don't mind getting only 1/2 the potential power gain, look at the Borla rear section. Highly polished S/S quad tips, highly polished muffler. Nice deep (but not overpowering or obnoxious) tone. 1,000,000 mile guarantee.

Borla rear section:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Now..... if you want "no looks", lots of "sound" and "max performance", you opt for the Mufflex 4" catback

Fred

Comment

Saturday...
              I got the flowmaster American Thunder Muffler with Dual tailpipes and even though its probably only 1/2 of the 12 probable horsepower that a flowmaster cat-back would give.

It seems to keep my car in a nice balance setup and sounds like a harley davidson motorcycle now. I didn't want sound, but I got it. As for performance, I should now have about 205 or so at the flywheel.

Comment

Working...
              X