road trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road trip

if you had a tranny that was slipping pretty bad.....TH-350.....do you think i should drive it 867 miles to boston.....could it hold up...cause its highway drivin.....
    or am i out for a death wish i changed the filter and fluid....

There is no way I would do that. If you don't make it, It's going to be a heck of a tow bill.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      There is no way I would do that. If you don't make it, It's going to be a heck of a tow bill.
      ditto that broh...don't take a chance like that...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The tranny on my son's 92 RS was slipping, mostly when you stepped on it getting on the highway, but not other times. One day, he went to drive to school and it started reving to 3500-4000 rpms and wouldn't shift at all. Just like that. i would not take the chance.
        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

no way.

It'll cost a fortune to get it fixed hundereds of miles from home, and then you have no warranty unless you are willing to tow it all the way back to their shop.

Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
          X