Dump Pipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Pipes

I read an article in GM High Tech Performance. This lady had "when the car hits the track, all fumes exit through dump pipes off the headers" It's a 1999 30th anniversary TA in the GMHTP November issue.

My question is are there a lot of people out there that can do this kind of work to bypass the exhaust for the track? How much would the work run? How significantly would the performance and HP increase? Do they open up at the flip of a switch or push of a button? It article also mentions that she has a Borla Cat Back and that the stock converters were totally abandoned. Is that a good idea or a bad idea. I guess in relation to my daily driving TA. Bouncing thoughts out. Thanks.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Same thing...

As cutouts, jut do a search on the board for that subject, it has been a popular one lately.
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
    X