Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saw the most insane thing coming home from work today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw the most insane thing coming home from work today...

Driving home, on rt25, it's a divided highwey with 3 lanes each way, seperated by about a 50ft grass/shrub median that dips down in the middle..

I'm cruising, maybe about 70, and this dude in a cavalier comes FLYING up on me.. I drop it into 4th, and take off. He tries to keep up.

A Dodge stratus, seeing this, decides he wants in on the action too.. I see him flying in the left lane, then all of the sudden starts driving on the grass... I'm like, "WTF!??" I thought for an instant he may be trying to pass on the grass or something?? So, now I glance ahead, no one in front of me, and the road is straight, slowed to about 30mph, I then am almost glued to my rear view watching this movie like scene.. He goes towards the middle of the grass, catches at LEAST 5 feet of air, lands, and keeps trucking along the grass.. It was so unreal looking, and seemed in slow motion.. He then starts to spin, does a 180, and ends up facing backwards on the oncoming part.. Didn't slow much, so he's now going back across the median backwards, doing like 40 or 50 backwards, hits the dip, and goes airborn AGAIN backwards, slamming the front of his car into the bank, goes through some shrubs and trees, and ends up back on our side facing sideways..

It was insane!!! It totally looked like a movie!! I would of stopped, but a few people pulled over already, and I was about a quarter mile ahead...

Crazy.. I don't know what the hell he/she was thinking.

Here is an illustration - start from the bottom.. It's a little shoddy, but i only spent a few mins on it..

99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

He's lucky he didn't hit any oncoming cars!

Pretty cool illustration.

Comment

Now THAT's how you tell a story.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

whoa thats nuts

Comment

maybe he was trying to turn his car backwards so he could pull a 2 fast 2 furious and be racing in reverse on the highway

nice illustration there, just makes it funnier
          93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

I do that all the time in my bird - i painted a confederate flag on the roof and 01 on the doors too!
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              I do that all the time in my bird - i painted a confederate flag on the roof and 01 on the doors too!
              Hey watch it! I got to ride in one of the shows General Lees. Complete with a "non stock" 440, automatic, rebel horn via a toggle switch hanging by the wires under the dash, AM 8 track radio, low back torn bucket seats, working doors, and weight box in the back with 550 pounds in it to make the car fly level. That was about 20+ years ago.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

ROTF LMAO

I Laughed my butt off and showed my friend your story and illustration. Anyway. Good story. How did you make your illustration?
                Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                  Now THAT's how you tell a story.
                  Exactly what I was thinking. Great illustration. That would have been nuts to view in your rearview and still try to keep it straight yourself. Wow.
                  97 SS #C007
                  Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                  SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

i love the picture
                    1995 formula firebird
                    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Working...
                    X