I'm ricing out my Z28!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ricing out my Z28!

I have a set of 17x9.5 ZR1 wheels ready to install.

Back in 1996 I had a 1995 Z28 and I put ZR1 wheels on it. They had the Corvette centercaps and I had vette logos on the valve stem caps.

I just ordered the same valve stem caps as I used to have.. Kinda a tribute to the old car.

In any event, putting Corvette logo cantercaps and valve stem caps is kinda ricy. Kinda like puting type r badges on a standard Acura. Oh well. It reminds me of the old times.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Whatever make you happy. That's all that is important.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I think we can let you slide with this mod. It's from another GM car and most of all from a Corvette.

I doubt anybody will mistake your ride for a Vette nor are you trying to pretend having a Vette..... or are you???

On the other hand I'm sure you don't give a behind what everybody else thinks.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97

I doubt anybody will mistake your ride for a Vette nor are you trying to pretend having a Vette..... or are you???
        If Corvettes had 4 seats I'd have one. As soon as the kids are older that will be my car. Until then... It's the next best thing.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

if thats ricing out your car ,.,, idk what you wana call it when i put the body kit on mine
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
            if thats ricing out your car ,.,, idk what you wana call it when i put the body kit on mine
            What i'm calling "ricing" is decorating you car with badges from a different higher model.

Like my center caps and valve stem caps.

Adding a body kit to yours is not "ricing"
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

It's probably sacrilege to Corvette guys but I don't care.

I'm putting these on mine soon.

I might change the center caps if I come across something I think looks cool. Maybe a throwback emblem like the screamin chicken in my avatar.

96 TA Sold!
              87 TA Sold!
              80 Z28 Sold!
              74 Formula Sold!
              73 Z28 Sold!
              69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                It's probably sacrilege to Corvette guys but I don't care.

I'm putting these on mine soon.
                I might change the center caps if I come across something I think looks cool. Maybe a throwback emblem like the screamin chicken in my avatar.

I was thinking about changing the centers, but I cant find any that look as cool. I'm not going to spend extra money to get something that I dont think is as nice as what I already have.

SS canter caps would really be wrong

bowtie center caps are too plain

Has anyone seen any cool ones?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

You could try to find some plain silver ones and get a sign shop to make the flaming chicken decals to fit it. That's what I'd do.........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                    You could try to find some plain silver ones and get a sign shop to make the flaming chicken decals to fit it. That's what I'd do.........Later
                    Thats what I did.

Here's a peek:
                    Pics Here

KnightFire
                    1993 Formula Firebird
                    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

TraceZ, the 3 color black/silver/gray style Z28 decal from an 80-81 Z might look cool. I couldn't find a picture of the center cap for you though. Maybe you remember what I'm talking about.

96 TA Sold!
                      87 TA Sold!
                      80 Z28 Sold!
                      74 Formula Sold!
                      73 Z28 Sold!
                      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                        TraceZ, the 3 color black/silver/gray style Z28 decal from an 80-81 Z might look cool. I couldn't find a picture of the center cap for you though. Maybe you remember what I'm talking about.
                        I was only 8 then

I dont really remember the 2nd gen cars in that level of detail. Can you dig up a picture?
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Well, the picture looks crappy but just imagine the "Z28" portion as a center cap.

96 TA Sold!
                          87 TA Sold!
                          80 Z28 Sold!
                          74 Formula Sold!
                          73 Z28 Sold!
                          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

i dont think its really ricing it because you seem to not want the image of ''my car is osmething that it really isn't'' type guy so and also immitation is the biggest form of a compliment thats what ive been taught so really your just saying you respect corvettes

... sorry if it doesnt mak enay sense to you gusy but... it does to me
                            1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
                            1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
                            1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
                            1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
                            1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

Re: I'm ricing out my Z28!

Originally posted by TraceZ
                              I have a set of 17x9.5 ZR1 wheels ready to install.

Back in 1996 I had a 1995 Z28 and I put ZR1 wheels on it. They had the Corvette centercaps and I had vette logos on the valve stem caps.

I just ordered the same valve stem caps as I used to have.. Kinda a tribute to the old car.

In any event, putting Corvette logo cantercaps and valve stem caps is kinda ricy. Kinda like puting type r badges on a standard Acura. Oh well. It reminds me of the old times.
                              Tracy are you just putting the vette logo valve stem caps or also the center caps? I think the valve stem caps would OK, but I don't like the idea of the vette center caps. JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X