No announcement yet.

NFB Don't cheat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, wolfman: Can Acitone stand up to your Zaino theory?

I don't know the exact contents of Zaino, but from a chemistry perspective, my guess is Zaino would stand up as well or even better towards acetone that it would to rubbing alcohol. Just my 1/50 of a dollar.
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

no way

Rubbing alchohol is gentle compared to acetone. Acetone is a very "hot" paint remover. Right up there with Laquer thinner. Just an example finger nail polish remover is a dilluted form of Acetone and think about what it does to that finish...
      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Don't get acetone anywhere near your paint. It will melt the Zaino and your clearcoat.

Comment

gas will do it

i cleaned my car with plain gasoline and a soft cloth and it worked
          the car is black and the sprayed paint was fluorescent green, i dont see damage to the clearcoat
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
          X