my car...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car...

She is bright red with a Ram Air hood, headers, Borla exhaust and full intake. Shes my baby. More mods to come soon. Anyone know any quick/cheap mods in increase hp??
    NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
    1999 Firebird
    Ram air hood
    Full Borla catback exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Headers
    WS6 air box
    Shift kit
    Intake

Go to any high performance shop and get your engine reprogrammed. I had mine to like 26 additional HP according to these dudes. You'll need a High performance Thermostat though. Good idea to get Subframe connectors to to prevent the addtional torque from messing with your frame. The only difference in the "Ram Air" versions of Firebirds is the height of the intake box, make sure you didn't get ripped on that. Get a K&N filter too and maybe an SLP Smooth Bore Bellow. Otherwise you're good to go vs most people. Oh and some dice from the mirror and a raccoon's tail from the antenna.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Buy a book..... .

Seriously, there is a great new book out that covers the LS1/LS6 engines in detail, from "free mods" (you don't need to buy a lower temp t'stat, the stock one is adjustable), to bolt on HP mods, right on up to stroker motors, nitrous, supercharging and turbos. Claims are supports with dyno tests.

Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance by Chris Endres, HPBooks, ISBN # 1-55788-407-2

How fast do you want to go? How much do you want to spend?

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedpuppy
        and a raccoon's tail from the antenna.
        just make sure its a senthetic raccoon tail. we dont condone the needless slaughter of animals for purpose of adornment.................................

The Troll is with you.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Re: my car...

Originally posted by 99FirebirdGirl
          She is bright red with a Ram Air hood, headers, Borla exhaust and full intake. Shes my baby. More mods to come soon. Anyone know any quick/cheap mods in increase hp??
          Thanks for the update. I'd like to see those pictures.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Thermostat???

Thanks for your help...I do also have a K&N air filter. Whats this about being able to adjust the thermostat I already have? How is that done?? Thanks
            1999 Firebird
            Ram air hood
            K&N air filter
            Headers
            WS6 air box
            Shift kit
            Intake

Comment

To "adjust" the thermostat, you just need to "shim" the part that opens and closes it. You but a 1/8" brass compression ferrule (maybe 2 for 50-centsat the hardware store) and grind it to the thickness for the temperature you want. The details are in the book.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                To "adjust" the thermostat, you just need to "shim" the part that opens and closes it. You but a 1/8" brass compression ferrule (maybe 2 for 50-centsat the hardware store) and grind it to the thickness for the temperature you want. The details are in the book.
                Thanks man....appreciate it!
                1999 Firebird
                Ram air hood
                K&N air filter
                Headers
                WS6 air box
                Shift kit
                Intake

Comment

Hey Fred! Do they have a book like that for LT1's? It sounds like a nice thing to have.

Andy
                  '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
                  339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
                  '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

TPIS has an "insider hints" book specific to the LT1, but I think it is too specific to what TPIS sells. But some good info in it. Lingenfelter also has a book on the small block Chevy that covers the LT1.

If I were to write a book, it would be what you are looking for... .
                    Fred

Comment

If you wrote a book I would definately buy it! I don't know how many questions I've asked you and you always respond intelligently. Thanks for all the help you've given me and everyone else here.

Andy
                      '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
                      339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
                      '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

99FirebirdGirl: I would recommend getting a torque converter (if its an auto) and gears in the rearend for best bang for the buck.

If you have those already, I'd do headers and a cam.
                        96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                        87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Working...
                        X