weird trouble code.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird trouble code.

ok this is non-fbody but maybe there is someone out there who can shed some light on the subject. This is on my 2002 S-10 with a 4.3L..

Check engine light came on today as soon as i started up the truck after having it turned off for a while when i was at a park. So i immediatley went up to autozone and pulled a code P1683.. "Metering Oil Pump Temerature Sensor Circuit Malfunction" OR.. "Metering Oil Pump Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction".. car still drives just as good as it did before. any suggestions?

its under warranty so i took it up and they're gonna look at it hopefuly tomorrow, but i was wondering if any of you guys have heard of this before.. thanks.

Greetings... If i had to guess i would say that you need a new oil pressure sending unit or you have a loose wire to it. If you haven't found it yet check out s10 forum its an all around good place. lots of younger folks but lots of knowledgable ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 2000 TA
      lots of younger folks but lots of knowledgable ones too.
      Are you implying younger folks can't be knowledgeable folks????
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

well a couple days after i posted this, the dealer guys told me it was just a bad ECM and replaced it. i was like whatever i KNOW that wasn't the problem cause of countless people i know whom a dealer said they replaced the ECM due to a SES light. my brother in his 98 Acura Integra being one of those. he payed $600 for them to replace it, only to go out to the car in the DEALER PARKING LOT to turn on his car and have the light come right back on. he got his money back after they found the loose wiring for the VTEC solenoid.

but anyways, all i cared abut was the light was off and it was on record as being a problem, even though it looks like same ECM is on there.. well today i was driving,, and the light came back on again.. took it up to work and got the EXACT same trouble code... so im gonna take it to a DIFFERENT" dealership, ask them if the ECM has been replaced, and MAKE SURE the work has been done, and that they didn't just reset the light..

what can i do if i find out the ECM or whatever the service order said was replaced really wasnt.. (the service tech told me the ECM was replaced, but i can't really tell from the service order.)
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X