Got a new 3rd gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new 3rd gen

Hey just traded my 96 3.8 liter camaro for this http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/326829 those are the pics of when the other guy had it but anyway i was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that sell 3rd gen parts i am looking for subframe connectors. Thanks

That's a nice third gen. I bought mine about 4 months ago. For third gen info, try
    www.thirdgen.org

and for third gen parts try
    www.hawksthirdgenparts.com

Nice to see another third-gen around here
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Also, you may find www.thirdgenresource.com for parts but I would not recommend it. A lot of people at thirdgen.org have done business with them but have been dissatisfied. All I here about Hawks are good things.
      1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
      Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
      Trans: TH700R4
      Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Re: Got a new 3rd gen

Originally posted by NJSpeed
        Hey just traded my 96 3.8 liter camaro for this http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/326829 those are the pics of when the other guy had it but anyway i was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that sell 3rd gen parts i am looking for subframe connectors. Thanks
        What is under the hood? If that is the stock 305, your old car with the 3.8 would had given it a run for its money. Not only that, but the 4th gen is 25% structuraly more rigid. It has better suspension, body panels that wont rust, better quality interior and rack and pinion steering. SFCs and a strut tower brace will help stiffen it up a bit. Being a V8 car you can easily go mod crazy and see some good results.

Some people prefer the looks of the 3rd gen and that is cool. I'm a big fan of Irocs. I've owned a couple minty original late 80s 5.7 Irocs, but never thought they compared to the 4th gen cars in performance or overall feel. I do still like the looks though. I gotta give them that!

Congratulations! take good care of her. Welcome to the V8 world.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

it has a crate 350 crate .30 over 480 lift comp cam/edelbrock headers/edelbrock 750 carb/edelbrock performer rmp intake/heads ported decked 3 angle valve job/ non computer controlled/mechanical and vacuum advance/edelbrock chrome open element air cleaner Has a 700r4 tranny and 373 gears powertrax locker. lakewood lower control arms and lifter bars/panhard bar/polygraphite bushings/complete front suspension rebuild, car could use subframe connectors also have BFG comp ta kdws tires. For interior has front and back seats out of a 01 z28 so compared to my 3.8 liter this thing blows it away in pretty much every aspect. Its supposed to be in the mid 12s with slicks ill find out for myself when i take it to the track. Thanks for the links guys

Comment

Untill I read that I was gonna say your better off with the 96 v-6 but now I want to trade

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Spohn Performance has excellent suspension/chassis high performance parts for the 3rd Gen. Steve Spohn's own car is a 3rd Gen, so you know the parts are gonna work.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                Untill I read that I was gonna say your better off with the 96 v-6 but now I want to trade
                Drool.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                X