Exhibition of speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition of speed

Hey guys got in a little bit of a trouble friday night. I was hanging out at a popular cruising place; the bird was parked the whole night. When we were getting ready to leave I backed out, took off a little fast to get away from traffic and the tires (235's) cut loose for a fraction of a second. You probably guessed the Po-Po was right behind and lights started flashing. I thought about telling the cop that it was an accident but I was always taught not to argue with the cops (I was later awarded a 12 point exhibition of speed ticket). A friend of mine is willing to testify that it was an unintentional wheel spin. Any one have some more advice?
    94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

cops suck, hate them all. they are just jealous of all nice rides, cuz they cant afford them. i get pulled over and search for redicluous reasons like to loud off a car and all i have is a cut=out. thasts its. plus a 373 gear but that doesnt add to loudness really.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Re: Exhibition of speed

Originally posted by coloradoformula
      Hey guys got in a little bit of a trouble friday night. I was hanging out at a popular cruising place; the bird was parked the whole night. When we were getting ready to leave I backed out, took off a little fast to get away from traffic and the tires (235's) cut loose for a fraction of a second. You probably guessed the Po-Po was right behind and lights started flashing. I thought about telling the cop that it was an accident but I was always taught not to argue with the cops (I was later awarded a 12 point exhibition of speed ticket). A friend of mine is willing to testify that it was an unintentional wheel spin. Any one have some more advice?
      12 points?? isn't that your entire license? In Wi. if we get 12 we cant drive anymore. That really sucks. I would definitely contest it in court. Explain that you normally drive a really underpowerd car and you unintentionally gave this more powerful car more throttle than was appropriate.

I got off with a warning with that one once. It was Sat night on the cruise strip. I had made a (legal) Uturn and accelerated away, breaking traction a bit. A cop saw it. He came and got me. I told him I dont drive that car very often, that my daily driver is a 4banger and I underestimated the power a bit. (I smiled kinda embarassed like while I said it) and he smiled back and let me off with a warning. The judge might do the same for you, or at least reduce the charge.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
        cops suck, hate them all. they are just jealous of all nice rides, cuz they cant afford them. i get pulled over and search for redicluous reasons like to loud off a car and all i have is a cut=out. thasts its. plus a 373 gear but that doesnt add to loudness really.

ouch, that stung...

some of us don't lie in wait to ruin folks' fun...

and I can afford a nice ride
        1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Oh please, that is really a pathetic way to think. They are all jelous of nice rides cause they can't afford them? My best friend is a cop and drives a 2002 Vette, one of his fellow officers drives a Z-28, another...a T/A, several mustangs...etc etc. To make a balnket staement like that is to say that all guys who drive T/a's can't type. (Look at your post) I'm sorry, but to hear people talk about cops like that just pi**es me off. I have too many friends who are cops and am working on getting ready to test to be one myself, to listen to that crap. Let's see how much you hate them if you ever really need their help. How much do you hate the officers who were killed on 9/11 running into the buildings to save people while others were running away? They aren't out there to be a killjoy, they are out there to protect and serve. Besides, most of the ones Iknowhate writing tickets, only do it when some moron does something stupid in front of them. Try to show a little more respect to the people whokeep us safe.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Yes, 12 points means no more license. The sucky part is, when I backed out of my parkingspot (which is perpendicular to the street; it was parking along the side of the street) you cannot see any cars coming down the street until you are in the street. On this occasion I saw a car coming after I backed out, took off quickly as to not hold up traffic and the tires cut loose for a "1/10th of a second" (quoted from the po-po). If it was intentional, I'm pretty sure I could have smoked the tires for a good few seconds, leaving a cloud of smoke behind (don't ask me how I know).
            94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

I have great respect for cops and what they do. But I think even they will admit that exhibition of speed is a pretty nebbish ticket.
              I would just explain to the judge that you were simply accelerating to obtain the speed of the traffic that you were merging with. Just be apologetic and ask the judge if he/she can reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation or give you a deferred ajudication. Deferred ajudication is basically a 6 month probationary period where as long as you don't get any tickets during the 6 month period, they will dismiss the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFinder20
                ouch, that stung...

some of us don't lie in wait to ruin folks' fun...

and I can afford a nice ride
                I don't think all cops suck, but enough do that people start to think that way. Give you a ticket for speeding - something they do every damn day of their life when they are on or off duty - there's a big double standard there. 12 pts for a wheel spin is ridiculous. Someone I know got a $1000 fine for the same thing. I had a friend who worked for DPS and he once told me "I can do anything I want. I'm a cop."

3 of my buddies at the gym are cops, and I hate to think they are out there hiding around the curve where the limit changes or at the bottom of a long hill to get you going a little too fast then give you some condescending lecture while writing up a ticket. I'm pretty sure they're not like that. I've personally had cops cite me for 71 mph when it was 60 something just to get me into the higher bracket. What are the odds that I would get two tickets in a row 6 years apart for going exactly 71? The other thing they lied about was the distance at which I was detected (1/10 of a mile). Still, most won't cite you for anything less than 10 over, so there's some fairness there. I just wish they would concentrate on being visible and present to prevent rather than being and generating revenue. BTW, our WI state attorney general just got popped for DWI and refused a blood test 3 times. She fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road. She has also lied about how many drinks she consumed. She supported the new .8 level. No double standard there...

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that all cops suck. Maybe all terrorists suck, or all child molesters suck, but all cops DO NOT suck. I hope the ones that do, get what they deserve someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  our WI state attorney general just got popped for DWI and refused a blood test 3 times. She fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road. She has also lied about how many drinks she consumed. She supported the new .8 level. No double standard there...
                  A bit off topic...

I work in downtown Madison, and my friend Todd runs the bar she got drunk in.. LOL. She was driving a state car (taxpayer owned) at the time too. Nothing is going to happen to her.

I'm a contractor at the state, not a state employee. A fellow contractor got in a very small, accidental fender bender with the state mail van. He got fired.

She can drive a state vehicle DRUNK and wreck it in a ditch and not even get a unpaid leave? What is up with that? She really needs to lose her job over this, but it wont happen. There is no excuse for what she did. I wish her the worst.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

There are good cops and there are bad cops just like in every other profession. A VAST majority of cops are good. They're risking their lives every time they pull a car over... never knowing who's behind the wheel.

I've been pulled over 4 times in my life, and every time I've deserved it, and I probably deserved a ticket every time. But to date I've had no tickets in my driving carreer. Treating people with respect goes a long way, and judging by purepwrta's post he probably talks himself into a lot of the tickets he gets.

I once was doing 110 in a 65 zone when I (quickly) came upon a cop running radar. I hauled it down to (he said) 85 by the time he clocked me. That's still 20 over the limit, good enough for a suspenion. I got a warning. No ticket, no fine, no points, nothing excpet a (slow down next time). A little respect goes a long way.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                      I once was doing 110 in a 65 zone when I (quickly) came upon a cop running radar. I hauled it down to (he said) 85 by the time he clocked me. That's still 20 over the limit, good enough for a suspenion. I got a warning. No ticket, no fine, no points, nothing excpet a (slow down next time). A little respect goes a long way.......
                      Ummm... so does luck, apparently
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

yea

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                        Oh please, that is really a pathetic way to think. They are all jelous of nice rides cause they can't afford them? My best friend is a cop and drives a 2002 Vette, one of his fellow officers drives a Z-28, another...a T/A, several mustangs...etc etc. To make a balnket staement like that is to say that all guys who drive T/a's can't type. (Look at your post) I'm sorry, but to hear people talk about cops like that just pi**es me off. I have too many friends who are cops and am working on getting ready to test to be one myself, to listen to that crap. Let's see how much you hate them if you ever really need their help. How much do you hate the officers who were killed on 9/11 running into the buildings to save people while others were running away? They aren't out there to be a killjoy, they are out there to protect and serve. Besides, most of the ones Iknowhate writing tickets, only do it when some moron does something stupid in front of them. Try to show a little more respect to the people whokeep us safe.
                        i agree 100% cops just do there job .what if you had lost control? some one could have been hurt .like at a cruise nite when there are a lot of people there.there is a time and place and a parking lot or busy road isnt the place.but accidents do happen i have spun my Z28 around making a u turn before
                        have you out run a ford lately

Comment

2 cops in Georgia just got in trouble for having ticket writing contests... Each was writing as many tickets as the rest of the dept. combined (something like 150 in Jan. alone)... They aren't cops anymore...
                          1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

Working...
                          X