Free car fax until Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free car fax until Sunday

This is good until Sunday, you only get one per computer (unless you reset your cookies) so enjoy!

http://www.nbc4.com/consumer/2881475/detail.html

Question, I ran my VIN on Carfax. It came up:

Ownership History:
    CARFAX estimates that this 2002 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28 has had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
    1st owner 09/18/2002 Texas
    2nd owner 11/23/2002 New Mexico

I bought this car new in Texas with 10 miles on the odometer and titled it where I live in NM. Would the dealer have titled the car? I am new to Carfax, but does it look like someone else owned my car before me? HELP...and thanks.

Comment

That's great news...thanks for the info Joe.
      BTW, it seems like you have a new car added to your sig every week!
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Thanks a lot Joe - That is really helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
          That's great news...thanks for the info Joe.
          BTW, it seems like you have a new car added to your sig every week!
          Actually I have about a dozen or so. I just don't bother to list all of them unless they are out of storage and I am actually driving them. I guess if or when the mood stikes me, I'll probably remove all from my sig except for just f-bodies.

Comment

Sweet! My report showed no minor or major accidents, and no lemon reports. Only one owner before me.

Thanks for the link Joe.

Comment

Cool, I tried my Canadian T/A and it found history from 2000 on.

Thanks Joe.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks
                -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

Re: Free car fax until Sunday

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  This is good until Sunday, you only get one per computer (unless you reset your cookies) so enjoy!

http://www.nbc4.com/consumer/2881475/detail.html
                  Thanks Joe. I've been wanting to run my wife's beetle since she got it but I never got around to it. It came back fine. So did the Z.

Thanks again.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It was interesting to run it on my 92 RS. It showed 1 owner (obviously wrong), but 7 separate titles issued over the years (3 before me). It did NOT show any reported accidents, but I have confirmed through at least two separate body shops that it was creamed in the rear end at some point before I owned it because of obvious repaired damage to the unibody and rear quarters, and the fact that the left rear wheel is 1/2 inch farther back than the right rear, compared from the center of the rear wheels hubs to the center hubs of the front wheels. So it is soemthing to keep in mind that it is only reproted damage that shows on these reports.
                    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Working...
                    X