NFB: Fantasy Tournament!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Fantasy Tournament!!!!!

What if the nation's largest restaurant chains could meet in a tournament bracket like the NCAA's March Madness??? Well, now they can. Here are 64 restaurant chains ready to do battle. There are 16 teams in each division, 2 divisions in each conference, and 2 conferences. The Camaro and Firebird divisions belogn to the Modern Conference. And the GTO and Chevelle divisions belong to the Classic Conference. The winners out of each division will "play" and the winner of each game will face each other in the "finals."

To play: Each "game" will be announced, and then it is open to voting. Each "game" will consist of a best of 7 votes, with the first "team" to achieve 4 votes declared the winner. The winner will move on to the next round.

Rules for voting: You may only vote once in each "game". You may not vote if you have not eaten at BOTH restaurants - you are on your honor here. Each decision after 4 votes have declared a winner are subject to review, and can be vetoed. Your vote will only count if made during the time frame that votes are accepted -- NO ADVANCE VOTING.

Criteria for voting: Consider EVERYTHING about the restaurant, not just quality of food! Consider, price, location, and convenience as well... This is crucial since this bracket will put some fast food chains against rather nice restaurants.

Vetoes: As administrator of this tournament I posess 2 Executive Vetoes to use at my discretion, and may or may not use them. In the event that a decision from a single "game" appears outlandish, I can VETO, and send the rightful restaurant on to the next round. There are also unlimited Commnuity Vetoes. For a Community Veto, a member must officially challenge a decision. I will review the challenge, and make a final decision. Each member posesses onlyivision will "play" and the winner of each game will face each other in the "finals."

To play: Each "game" will be announced, and then it is open to voting. Each "game" will consist of a best of 7 votes, with the first "team" to achieve 4 votes declared the winner. The winner will move on to the next round.

Rules for voting: You may only vote once in each "game". You may not vote if you have not eaten at BOTH restaurants - you are on your honor here. Each decision after 4 votes have declared a winner are subject to review, and can be vetoed. Your vote will only count if made during the time frame that votes are accepted -- NO ADVANCE VOTING.

Criteria for voting: Consider EVERYTHING about the restaurant, not just quality of food! Consider, price, location, and convenience as well... This is crucial since this bracket will put some fast food chains against rather nice restaurants.

Vetoes: As administrator of this tournament I posess 2 Executive Vetoes to use at my discretion, and may or may not use them. In the event that a decision from a single "game" appears outlandish, I can VETO, and send the rightful restaurant on to the next round. There are also unlimited Commnuity Vetoes. For a Community Veto, a member must officially challenge a decision. I will review the challenge, and make a final decision. Each member posesses only 1 challenge... so use them wisely!

With that said, here is the bracket:
    Modern Conference:
    Camaro Division:
    1) McDonald's vs. 16)Jack-In-the-Box
    2)Subway vs. 15) Olga's Kitchen
    3) Popa John's vs. 14) Tim Horton's
    4) Friday's vs. 13) Hardee's
    5) Applebees vs. 12) National Coney Island
    6) Cheesecake Factory vs. 11) Culver's
    7) What-A-Burger vs. 10) Johnny Rockets
    8) Blimpie vs. 9) Denny's
    Firebird Division:
    1) Hooter's vs. 16) Hot&Now
    2)Wendy's vs. 15) Old Country Buffet
    3) Hard Rock Cafe vs. 14) Taco John
    4) Sonic vs. 13) Leann Chin
    5) Little Caesar's vs. 12) Dunkin Donuts
    6) Outback Steakhouse vs. 11) A&W
    7) Hungry Howie's vs. 10) Krispy Kreme
    8) Ponderosa vs. 9) IHOP

Classic Conference:
    GTO Division:
    1) Domino's vs. 16) White Castle
    2) Taco Bell vs. 15) Baker's Square
    3) Planet Hollywood vs. 14) Boston Market
    4) Olive garden vs. 13) Ruby Tuesday
    5) Quizno's vs. 12) Baskin-Robbins
    6) Houston's vs. 11) Rain Forest Cafe
    7) KFC vs. 10) Krystal
    8) Joe's Crab Shack vs. 9)Famous Dave's
    Chevelle Division:
    1) Burger King vs. 16) Waffle House
    2) Pizza Hut vs. 15) Max & Erma's
    3) Chilli's vs. 14) Perkin's
    4) Red Lobster vs. 13) Sbarro
    5) Dairy Queen vs. 12) Steak & Shake
    6) Chi-Chi's vs. 11) BW 3's
    7) Arby's vs. 10) Popa Romano's
    8) Mongolian Barbeque vs. 9) Don Pablo's

OKAY... whew... We'll start voting now for CAMARO DIVISION GAMES ONLY. I hope you guys like this... I came up with it over lunch. When you vote, try to make it creative, and post a basketball-like score. (example... BK vs. McD's... When the Whopper went down with a sprained ankle in the second half, the Big mac took control of the game, and McDonald's won 97-88) Something like that. I hope you all have fun with this!

OK.. Place your votes for Camaro Division games!

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

wait........what?
    http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
    Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

Never seen one of these before? ESPN.com just did it for "Who is the hottest female athlete?"

It's a fantasy tournament... basically, you choose between each of the matchups you like the best. For starters there are 8 "games". They are McDonalds vs. Jack-In-the-Box, Subway vs. Olga's, Popa John's vs. Tim Horton's, Friday's vs. Hardee's, Applebees vs. National Coney Island, The Cheesecake Factory vs. Culver's, What-A-Burger vs. Johnny Rockets, and Blimpie vs. Denny's.

In each game, vote for which restaurant you like better... if that restaurant gets 4 votes, it "wins" and will move on to the next round. It is a tournament bracket... it's just for fun.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

ive never been to most of those places, but between the ones ive been too

wendys over oldcountry buffet
        Little ceasar dominates dunkin donuts
        White castle annihalates dominos
        Planet hollywood beats boston market...close though
        Ruby tuesday opens a can on Olive Garden(fake italian food)
        Waffle house over BK
        Chilis whoops perkins b/c of the ribs
        Red lobster rips sbarro a new hole cause seafood kicks ass

thats all ive been too....
        http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
        Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

Okay, your votes are counted... thanks for playing, stay tuned if more people start playing this will get interesting I promise!

Come on guys! I spent lunch hour drafting this up! StangEatr's got the hang of this, CAST YOUR VOTES

Comment

By the way, the voting is opened now to ANY first round "games"

Comment

Working...
            X