Hissing sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hissing sound?

My T/A makes a slight hissing sound right after i shut the motor off? its not very loud and doesnt last to long, but i was just wandering if anyone knew what it might be?

also when i first start her up, the idle runs high about 1500 for about 3-5 mins. is this normal?

That is normal, and more noticable with ramair because the intake is less baffled. That is the sound of the air in the intake after combustion is stopped by shutting off the ignition.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere to me. Check for cracked rubber lines. Have someone turn the car off while you have you nose under the hood. Try to locate the hiss.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

hiss

my caprice does the same thing .do you have a cold air intake . mine comes from the cone filter when i kill the car .
        Attached Files
        have you out run a ford lately

Comment

Re: hiss

Originally posted by mbigd73
          my caprice does the same thing .do you have a cold air intake . mine comes from the cone filter when i kill the car .
          Yup, and both the cars I've had with LT1s have done it. My 95 did it brand new the day I got it. I always thought it sounded kinda cool, actually. The 88 Iroc 5.7 i used to have did it too.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
          X