3rd Gen experts inside please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen experts inside please

I am looking at several cars, one is an 89 Firebird. What is odd about this car is that it is a Firebird, not a Formula or T/A, yet the car has a 305. I'm not too knowledgable about the option listings for 3rd gens, but I thought the Firbird got the V6, the Formula and T/A (excepting of course, the turbo T/A) got the V8. What's the deal?

Standard 'birds and Camaros could come with V-8's up until the LT1 was introduced. The one you mention is a TBI version and is pretty lame in the HP department(in stock trim). The Formula, TA, and Z28 came with the TPI V8 (the first TPI was in '85, thru 87 they could have TPI or HO carb'd V8's) these have respectable HP and a great seat of the pants feel even in stock trim.

Comment

I was hoping that is what it was. As long as the car is stock, I'm OK. I just don't want to get something unexpected.

Comment

I don't know if your interested, but if you want to modify that 305 TBI go to

www.thirdgen.org

There are a lot of technical articles and mods you can make to that engine to make it faster.
        1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
        Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
        Trans: TH700R4
        Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
        X