Which F-body do i want??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which F-body do i want??

Im new to F-Bodies, ive done a little bit of research. but i need some more before i go and drop some cash on a car. Im looking for a ls1 f body 6spd. I will add basic mods for now, intake,exhaust,headers,suspension. Which year and model is the best to get for performance and whats good overall..I know that the 2001 and up had a 5hp increase..Another question i have is the ss and ws6 verus z28 and forumlas..is the horsepower difference the intake system and exhaust or is it something else..im converting from a Sr20det powered 240sx to a F-body, cuz i know they have plenty of power and it doesnt take much to make them go faster..

I think you're going to be happy with any year LS1. There really is no difference in the model years. The hp difference between the WS6/SS and the Formula/TA/Z28 came from the Ram Air effect. It was essentially a factory-installed cold air system.

My advice would be to worry less about the year than about the mileage and overall condition of the car. IMHO, a 98-99 with 20,000 miles would be a far better choice than a 01-02 with 60,000+ miles, and price wise they'd probably be about the same.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X