Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your guys' Oil Pressure ?

Hey guys,

Would love to know what everyones oil pressure is at highway speed and what size motor !!!.. This may help me before i start freaking out...lol. Thanks guys !
    Black on black 1995 base t-top camaro with a 3.4L

40-60 psi at partial throttle would be pretty average for a small block v-8.

Drake, just for future reference, it would benefit you to put a desription of your car in your sig just so people aren't guessing.

Comment

My 96 idles at 30 and at highway is around 50.

My 2nd and 3rd gens were usually 20-40. Not sure why the 4th gens are so high but that is pretty standard.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

My 97 LT1 idles about 30 and increases from there with rpms.. My thirdgen L98 always ran higher (about 60) until it warmed up then it would fall a little. It didn't seem to flucuate as much with engine speed like my LT1 does.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Re: What is your guys' Oil Pressure ?

Originally posted by drake13
          Hey guys,

Would love to know what everyones oil pressure is at highway speed and what size motor !!!.. This may help me before i start freaking out...lol. Thanks guys !
          You might want to include some basic info about your car.... like the year and the engine. Not all 40 years of the F-Body are the same, and not all engines for a given Generation or model are the same.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Mine's usually pretty high on start up around 60. Then once the engine warms up it stays between 20-40, 20 when I'm idling and 40 when I'm between 1000-2000 rpm, on the highway even at higher rpm's my pressure never goes above 60

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Mine is usually between 20 and 40 for normal driving. Temp and oil viscosity makes a difference as does your clearances and choice of engine parts. Oil pressure is a good thing, but you don't want too much - it can rob HP and heat up the oil. You just need to make sure you got it at WOT and decell. I've never had the presence of mind to check the oil pressure at the end of a run. I might try an accumulator on my next engine just in case.

Comment

Working...
              X